Endo International plc
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ENDP
S&P 400 Component
|Headquarters||Dublin, Ireland and Malvern, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
In October 2014, Endo said it would buy Auxilium Pharmaceuticals for $2.6 billion.
In 2015, Endo acquired the specialty generics and sterile injectables company Par Pharmaceutical for $8.05 billion.
Endo is one of the companies named in lawsuits by the states of Ohio, Missouri and Mississippi as responsible for the US opioid epidemic. Its 10-K statement indicates that a majority of the company's US revenue in 2016 was derived from the sale of prescription pain killers, predominantly opioids.
On June 8, 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released a press statement in which it announced that it had request Endo to withdraw its opioid drug, oxymorphone hydrochloride (Opana ER), from the market. It was the first time that the FDA had "taken steps to remove a currently marketed opioid pain medication from sale due to the public health consequences of abuse."
- Schneiderman, R.M. (9 April 2007). "Ammon Exits Endo". Forbes.
- Associated Press (2009-01-06). "Endo to buy Indevus". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Rubin, Ben Fox (5 November 2013). "Endo Health to Buy Paladin Labs for $1.6 Billion". Wall Street Journal.
- "Endo Health to Buy Specialty Drug Maker for $1.6 Billion". New York Times Dealbook. November 5, 2013.
- "Endo Scores with $2.6B Offer for Auxilium, Which Ends QLT Deal | GEN Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - Biotech from Bench to Business | GEN". GEN. October 9, 2014.
- Bray, Chad (18 May 2015). "Endo International to Pay $8.05 Billion for Par Pharmaceutical". The New York Times.
- "Endo to Purchase NuPahte for $150M+". News: Industry Watch. Gen. Eng. Biotechnol. News (paper). 34 (2). January 15, 2014. p. 10.
- "Teva Outbids Endo, Acquires NuPathe for $144M+". News: Industry Watch. Gen. Eng. Biotechnol. News (paper). 34 (4). February 15, 2014. p. 10.
- Dwyer, Colin (31 May 2017). "Ohio Sues 5 Major Drug Companies For 'Fueling Opioid Epidemic'". NPR Online.
- Raymond, Nate (21 Jun 2017). "Missouri sues opioid manufacturers, joining two other U.S. states". Reuters.
- "Eondo Pharmaceuticals, FORM 10-K". 31 Dec 2016.
- "FDA requests removal of Opana ER for risks related to abuse" (Press release). FDA. June 8, 2017.