||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2015)|
September 20, 1986
|Genre(s)||Arcade style racing|
|Arcade system||Sega Space Harrier|
|CPU||(2x) 68000 (@ 12.5 MHz)|
|Sound||CPU: Z80 (@ 4 MHz)
Chips: YM2151 (@ 4 MHz), Sega PCM (@ 15.625 kHz)
Enduro Racer (エンデューロレーサー?) is an arcade game from Sega. It was released in 1986 with either a stand up cabinet with handlebars or a full-sized dirt bike on the cabinet itself. Many people[who?] see it as essentially the dirt version of Hang-On, hence using the similar engine and PCB.
The player rides a dirt bike through five stages and must avoid other riders as well rocks and trees. They can also jump over them with assist from the logs. The game's most definitive feature was the 'Wheelie' feature that allowed players to pull up the handlebars on the cabinet to perform the wheelie.
Sega Master System
The game was developed for the Sega Master System in 1987 and later released for the Wii's Virtual Console. The player races on motorcycle tracks against both cars and motorcycles earning one point for each one that is passed. Points can be used to buy new parts or for repairs. The game also uses an isometric view. The Japanese version has more tracks and objects like people and trees than the American and European releases.
The game was also released on a number of contemporary home computer platforms, such as the Sinclair ZX Spectrum & Commodore 64 in 1988 and Amstrad CPC & Atari ST in 1989. The Spectrum version of the game went to number 2 in the UK sales charts, behind BMX Simulator, and was voted number 50 in the Your Sinclair Official Top 100 Games of All Time. It was re-released for the Wii's Virtual Console in North America on December 15, 2008 and in Europe on January 9, 2009 at a cost of 500 Wii Points.
- "Enduro Racer". Sega Does. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Hardcore Gaming 101: Enduro Racer:". Hardcore Gaming 101. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "The YS Rock'n'Roll Years - Issue 20:". The Your Sinclair Rock 'n' Roll Years.
- "Top 100 Games of All Time". Your Sinclair. September 1993.
- "Two WiiWare Games and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel". Nintendo of America. 2008-12-15. Retrieved 2008-12-15.
- Enduro Racer at the Killer List of Videogames
- Enduro Racer at World of Spectrum
- Enduro Racer at MobyGames
- Enduro Racer review by Your Sinclair
|This arcade game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This off-road racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This motorcycle racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|