Simple Control for Complex Robots
|Industry||Robotics, Machine Vision|
|Products||Actin Robotic Control Software, Machine Vision Software, CODEC Device and Software|
Energid Technologies is an engineering firm providing robotics , machine vision, and remote control software with the core product referred to as Actin. Its headquarters are in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It has regional presence in Burlington, Massachusetts, New York, New York; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Tucson, Arizona; Austin, Texas; and Chicago, Illinois. Energid also has an international presence in Bangalore, India. Energid Technologies develops tools for robotic applications in the aerospace, agriculture, transportation, defense, and medical industries. Energid's Actin and Selectin products provide advanced robotics technology in the form of extendable software toolkits. Actin is in release 4.1.0 and provides control and tasking for complex multi-robot systems. Energid has applied its software to control robots for seafloor oil exploration, nuclear reactor inspection, and citrus harvesting.
Energid Technologies was founded in 2001. It is an employee-owned Florida corporation headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- "Robotics: Energid Technologies and Mobile Robots Inc. Preview Advance in Mobile Manipulation Robots". Robotics Trends. November 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "Robotics: Energid strives for remote control". Mass High Tech. April 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "Energid gets Phase 2 grant for robotic orange picker". Mass High Tech. Retrieved October 22, 2010.
- "The Army Awards Follow-On Contract for Autonomous Airway Management to Energid Technologies". Defense Procurement News. Retrieved 2009-12-11.
- "Robots of the Gulf Spill: Fishlike Subs, Smart Torpedoes". National Geographic. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "Drilling Automation: A Catalyst for Change" (PDF). Society of Petroleum Engineers. Retrieved September 1, 2011.
- "Energid develops robot for inspecting nuclear power plants". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Sager, Ira (January 10, 2013). "Farm Bots and Two-Month-Old Bread: Innovations in Food and Agriculture". Bloomberg Businessweek.