|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Founders||Philip Racusin, Roger Gingell, Michael Racusin, and Casey Minshew|
EnergyFunders is an energy-focused FINTECH crowdfunding company that started with oil and gas.
The company was founded in 2013 by Philip Racusin, Roger Gingell, Michael Racusin, and Casey Minshew in Houston, Texas. Casey Minshew currently serves as the company’s CEO. It was set up as a crowdfunding platform, in accordance with US Securities regulations. EnergyFunders initially provided accredited investors with access to upstream oil and gas projects from independent operators and producers. Generally these are established small operators that otherwise have limited financing options. The platform first went live in 2014 and was officially released in 2015. In January 2018, the EnergyFunders Marketplace was accepted by FINRA to operate a crowdfunding portal under Regulation CF. EnergyFunders launched an all-new upgraded platform using block-chain technology in early 2018.
The EnergyFunders platform provides crowdfunded upstream oil and gas projects to accredited investors, which the company pre-vets before putting them up for offer through a team of various professionals in law, geology, technology, and finance. EnergyFunders takes a carried interest from each investment made through its platform.
- "Houston Startup Energy Funders Aims to Crowdfund the Oil Patch – Xconomy". 3 April 2014.
- "EnergyFunders COO Casey Minshew Discusses How 2017 is the Year of Oil Investing – Crowdfund Insider". 5 January 2017.
- "Forget the next movie, now you can crowdfund Texas oil wells". 23 March 2015 – via Reuters.
- Thorpe, Devin. "Experts Explain New Crowdfunding Rules".
- "Frustration leads to creation of Instagram search app".
- "Crowdfunding oil and gas".
- "EnergyFunders Secures More Than $500,000 For Two Texas-Based Projects in Under Two Months – Crowdfund Insider". 25 October 2016.
- "FINRA Accepts Membership of its First Equity Crowdfunding Portal Exclusively for Investments in the Energy Industry, Opening Oil and Gas Investments and Clean Tech Startups to the Public". Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Jobs Act Title III Impact – Jobs Act Summary – Crowdfunding News". 14 December 2015.
- "EnergyFunders Rolls Out One Of The Largest Platforms To Crowdfund US Oil And Gas Projects – Crowdfund Insider". 10 November 2015.
- "Crowdfunding OIL & GAS – News, Information and References for CrowdfundingCrowdFund Beat". crowdfundbeat.com.