Energy and Environmental Science
|Edited by||Nathan Lewis|
Royal Society of Chemistry (United Kingdom)
Energy and Environmental Science is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing original (primary) research and review articles. The journal covers work of an interdisciplinary nature in the (bio)chemical and (bio)physical sciences and chemical engineering disciplines. Energy & Environmental Science is published by the Royal Society of Chemistry and the editor-in-chief is Nathan Lewis (California Institute of Technology).
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2014 impact factor of 20.523, ranking it 5th out of 157 journals in the category "Chemistry, Multidisciplinary", first out of 88 journals in the category "Energy & Fuels", first out of 134 journals in the category "Engineering, Chemical", and first among 221 journals in the category "Environmental Sciences".
Energy & Environmental Science publishes the following types of articles: Research Papers (original scientific work); Review Articles, Perspectives, and Minireviews (feature review-type articles of broad interest); Communications (original scientific work of an urgent nature), Opinions (personal, often speculative, viewpoints or hypotheses on a current topic), and Analysis Articles (in-depth examination of energy and environmental technologies, strategies, policies, and general conceptual frameworks of general interest).
Abstracting and indexing
According to the Thomson Reuters Master Journal List and CASSI, this journal is indexed by the following services:
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Current Contents/ Engineering, Computing & Technology
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI 
- "About Energy & Environmental Science". Royal Society of Chemistry. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Energy & Fuels". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Engineering, Chemical". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Environmental Sciences". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Use internet ISSN 1754-5706 to access CASSI entry