|Parent company||Enerjet Ltd|
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
Enerjet (1263343 Alberta Inc.) is a charter airline with its headquarters at Calgary International Airport in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The airline undertakes connecting flights and code share flights for Air Transat and also transports oil sand workers to job sites in Alberta. The airline commenced operations in spring of 2009.
Enerjet was originally formed in 2006 by a small group of entrepreneurs addressing what they perceived to be a gap in the service provided by Canada's major airlines, WestJet and Air Canada, in "Middle Canada". When planned it was known as NewAir and Tours until 20 October 2008 when NewAir and Tours revealed their name and corporate logo to be styled as Enerjet. Enerjet was founded by nine individuals including Tim Morgan, former WestJet Senior Vice-President. On 28 November 2008, Enerjet received an Air Operators Certificate (AOC) and Air Operators Licence issued by the Canadian Transportation Agency.
FlyToo is a temporary placeholder name for a proposed subsidiary of Enerjet, that anticipates starting operations when adequately capitalized. It is expected to be an Ultra Low Cost Carrier (ULCC) airline, with extra fees for services like checked or carry-on baggage. They will target Canadians who travel via U.S. airlines or are infrequent flyers. The airline has difficulty because the law says 75% of financing and ownership must be Canadian, laws made to help Air Canada, in addition to predatory behavior by Air Canada and Westjet, according to the CBC.
Enerjet operates the Boeing 737-700 aircraft for their routes. The first of two aircraft was painted in the Enerjet livery on the 20 October 2008. The aircraft was delivered to Calgary on 12 November 2008. These aircraft were used orders from AirTran Airways. After returning one of the 737-700 a 737-800 was obtained from Transavia in 2010.
The fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of June 2016):
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|Boeing 737 Next Generation||1||737-73V|
- Transport Canada listing of aircraft owned by Enerjet
- 1263343 Alberta Inc. d/b/a Enerjet
- Jang, Brent (2008-11-24). "Will Enerjet fly?".
- NewAir and Tours reveal new name, Enerjet!
- Enerjet airline set to launch in Canada!
- Enerjet Achieves Regulatory Approvals
- Owram, Kristine (March 7, 2016). "Startup airlines push for boost in foreign ownership limits to ensure more competition". The Financial Post. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Jang, Brent (20 April 2015). "Ex-executives suing charter airline Enerjet for breach of contract". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Goodyear, Sheena (January 18, 2016). "New budget airlines to keep WestJet, Air Canada on their toes". Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- Owram, Kristine (June 27, 2014). "Jet Naked aims to bring ultra-cheap airline model to Canada". Financial Post. Retrieved January 18, 2016.