Enga Amma Rani
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Enga Amma Rani|
|Directed by||S. Bani|
|Produced by||C. Muthukrishnan|
|Edited by||A. L. Ramesh|
|5 May 2017|
Enga Amma Rani (English: Our mother is a queen), is a 2017 Tamil-language horror drama film directed by S. Bani. The film stars Dhansika, Varnika, and Varsha in the lead roles, while Shankar Srihari, Anil Murali, and Namo Narayana play supporting roles. The film's score and soundtrack were composed by Ilaiyaraaja,.
In Malaysia, the single mother Thulasi (Dhansika) lives with her twin daughters Meera (Varnika) and Tara (Varsha). Her husband Sathya is missing, and she cannot return to India. Caught between financial issues and visa issues, Thulasi decides to work in a grocery store. One day, all of a sudden, Tara dies. Dr. Murali (Shankar Srihari) tells Thulasi that her daughter had Long QT syndrome, and she learns that Meera is diagnosed with the same illness.
Thulasi takes Meera to a hill station, where she starts behaving mysteriously. Thulasi soon learns that Meera is possessed by a spirit. The spirit was of a girl who once resided in the hotel with her father. Once, her father gets a lump amount as he had a profit, but his friend gets to know, and he blackmails him by saying that he kidnapped his daughter. Her father unknowingly gives the blackmailer
the money and he doesn't know who the guy who was blackmailing is. He tells this to his friend without knowing he was the one who blackmailed him. He says to his friend that he is going to make a complaint. His friend suggests for him not to, but the father proceeds, while having lunch with his only daughter. Unknown to him and his daughter, the food is mixed with poison. His friend brings a local gang and makes the murder look like a suicide, and the spirit narrates to Thulasi in the midst.
Thulasi learns that if the spirit stays in her daughter's body, her daughter will survive, so she pleads for the spirit to stay, and even the spirit agrees. but the man learns of this. He goes to kill thulasi and her child but instead slips from the cliff. The spirit apologizes as this was her wish and thus leaves Thulasi's body. Thulasi wants to see her daughter live, so she calls Murali and requests him to take her daughter along with him to India and leave her daughter in her hometown. She says she will soon leave all and commits suicide so that as a spirit, she can enter her body in order to save her from her disease.
- Dhansika as Thulasi
- Varnika as Meera
- Varsha as Tara
- Shankar Srihari as Dr. Murali
- Namo Narayana as Chokkalingam
- Anil Murali as Rajan
- Manoj Kumar as Sathya's father
- Rindhu Ravi as Sathya's mother
- Vaishali Thaniga as Durga
- Niteesh Veera
- Meena Karthik
- VIP Krishna
- Sujatha Thanika
Indiaglitz gave a rating of 2.8/5 stating that the film is a very honest attempt to convey the greatness of mother and her sacrifices and appreciated the performances of Dhansika and the background score of Ilaiyaraaja. Enga Amma Rani is an emotional and engaging movie.
- Subramanian, Anupama (25 June 2016). "Dhanshika in a female centric film, Rani". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "'Kabali' actress becomes the Queen". India Glitz. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Subhakeerthana, S (1 October 2016). "Lucky to get performance-oriented roles, and not just be a decorative piece: Dhansika". Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Dhansika Starrer Rani - First Look Released". Movie Crow. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Jyothsna, J (23 June 2016). "I got Kabali because of Ranjit Sir". Behindwoods. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Enga Amma Rani Movie Review - A Mother-Daughter tale that touches the heart". Indiaglitz. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Enga Amma Rani aka Rani Tamil Movie Review - Chennai Vision". Chennai Vision. 6 May 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.