Enga Amma Rani
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Enga Amma Rani|
|Edited by||A. L. Ramesh|
|5 May 2017|
Enga Amma Rani (English: Our mother is a Queen), is a 2017 Tamil-language horror drama film directed by S.Bani, starring Dhansika in the lead role and Yoganathan Maniam as guest role. Ilaiyaraaja composed the film's score and soundtrack.
In Malaysia, the single mom Thulasi (Dhansika) lives with her twin daughters Meera (Varnika) and Tara (Varsha). Her husband Sathya is missing, and she cannot return to India. Caught between financial issues and visa issues, Thulasi decides to work in a grocery store. One day, Tara dies, all of a sudden. Doctor Murali (Shankar Srihari) reveals Thulasi that her daughter had Long QT syndrome, and she learns that Meera is diagnosed with the same illness.
Thulasi takes Meera to a hill station, where the girl starts behaving mysteriously. Thulasi soon learns that Meera is possessed by a spirit. The spirit was of a girl's who once resided in the hotel with her father. Once her father gets a lump amount as he had a profit,but his friend gets to know and he blackmails him by saying that he kidnapped his daughter and her father unknowingly gives his friend and he doesn't who the guy was blackmailing he tells this to his friend without knowing he was the one who blackmailed him. He says to his friend that he us going to lodge a complaint his friend suggests him not to but the father proceeds,while having lunch with his only daughter unknown to him and his daughter the food is mixed with poison and his friend brings a local gang and makes the murder look like a suicide,and the spirit narrates to thulasi in the midst thulasi learns that if the spirit stays in her daughter's body her daughter will survive so she pleads the spirit stay and even the spirit agrees but the guy learns this he goes to kill thulasi and her child but instead he slips from the cliff and the spirit apologies as this was her wish and thus leaves thulasi's body and thulasi wants to see her daughter live so she calls the doctor and requests him to take her daughter along with him to India and leave her daughter in her hometown and says she will soon leave all and commits suicide so that as a spirit she can enter her body in order to save her from her disease
- Dhansika as Thulasi
- Varnika as Meera
- Varsha as Tara
- Shankar Srihari as Murali
- Namo Narayana as Chokkalingam
- Anil Murali as Rajan
- Manoj Kumar as Sathya's father
- Niteesh Veera
- Vaishali Thaniga as Durga
- Rindhu Ravi as Sathya's father
- Meena Karthik
- VIP Krishna
- Sujatha Thanika
Indiaglitz gave a rating of 2.8/5 stating that the film is a very honest attempt to convey the greatness of mother and her sacrifices and appreciated the performances of Dhansika and the background score of Ilaiyaraaja. Enga Amma Rani is an emotional and engaging movie.
- Subramanian, Anupama (25 June 2016). "Dhanshika in a female centric film, Rani". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "'Kabali' actress becomes the Queen". India Glitz. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Subhakeerthana, S (1 October 2016). "Lucky to get performance-oriented roles, and not just be a decorative piece: Dhansika". Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Dhansika Starrer Rani - First Look Released". Movie Crow. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Jyothsna, J (23 June 2016). "I got Kabali because of Ranjit Sir". Behindwoods. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Enga Amma Rani Movie Review - A Mother-Daughter tale that touches the heart". Indiaglitz. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Enga Amma Rani aka Rani Tamil Movie Review - Chennai Vision". Chennai Vision. 6 May 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.