Engel & Völkers
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Real Estate, Yachting, Aviation|
|Founded||Hamburg, Germany (1977)|
Number of locations
|Revenue||€ 668 million. (in 2017 in Euro)|
The firm has around 520 residential property offices and 49 commercial offices brokering retail, office and industrial space, investment properties, multi-purpose apartment and office blocks and property portfolios.
- 1977 - Founding of the company Engel & Cie by Dirk C. Engel.
- 1981 - Christian Völkers becomes Managing Partner of Engel & Cie
- 1987 - Renaming of the company from Engel & Cie to Engel & Völkers GmbH
- 1988 - Expansion of the residential division begins
- 1990 - Opening of the first Engel & Völkers office outside of Germany in Palma/Mallorca
- 1996 - Founding of the real estate academy
- 1999 - Founding of Engel & Völkers AG
- 2002 - Introduction of the master licence concept
- 2008 - Founding of the new division Yachting
- 2009 - Opening of the 400th office worldwide
- 2011 - Three franchises sue Engel & Voelkers in US
- 2012 - Now represented with 500 shops and offices worldwide
- 2014 - Expansion into Canada
- 2015 - Aviation Division Founded 
Engel & Völkers operates in 30 countries on 4 continents, with a workforce of approximately 11,000 people across 800 luxury real estate brokerages and 49 commercial offices brokering retail, office and industrial space, investment properties, multi-purpose apartment and office blocks and property portfolios offer both private and institutional clients. The company's headquarters is situated in Hamburg, Germany and regional headquarters are located in New York City and Hong Kong.
The Engel & Völkers Private Office specialises in serving private clients. From its headquarters in London, it provides personal support for clients interested in buying or selling luxury property worldwide.
In 2013, the company established the first of their in-house brand of Metropolitan Market Centers in Barcelona, Spain. The licence for an MMC covers the entire geographical region of a metropolis, resulting in a larger transaction volume than a traditional Engel & Völkers office.
- "About - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Franchisetoown". Franchisetoown.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Private office - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers.
-  Archived December 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Engel & Völkers adds private jets to its portfolio". Engel & Völkers. 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
-  Archived July 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Engel & Volkers Makes Great Strides in the US". Thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "About". Engel & Völkers. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "The Most Remarkable Shop Image & Design Property Agent Award - ENGEL & VÖLKERS, Mid Levels - Square Foot". Squarefoot.com.hk. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Private office - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Archived from the original on 2015-06-10. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Engel & Volkers Yachting Germany & Equisea Yacht Management Monaco form partnership". Charterworld.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Engel & Völkers opens Metropolitan Market Center in Barcelona - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- Official website
- California Department of Corporations UFOC document[permanent dead link]
- "E&V faces new suits from U.S. brokers". The Real Deal. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2016.