Engel & Völkers
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Real Estate, Yachting, Aviation|
|Founded||Hamburg, Germany (1977)|
Number of locations
|Revenue||€ 668 million. (in 2017 in Euro)|
The firm has around 520 residential property offices and 49 commercial offices brokering retail, office and industrial space, investment properties, multi-purpose apartment and office blocks and property portfolios.
- 1977 - Founding of the company Engel & Cie by Dirk C. Engel.
- 1981 - Christian Völkers becomes Managing Partner of Engel & Cie
- 1987 - Renaming of the company from Engel & Cie to Engel & Völkers GmbH
- 1988 - Expansion of the residential division begins
- 1990 - Opening of the first Engel & Völkers office outside of Germany in Palma/Mallorca
- 1996 - Founding of the real estate academy
- 1999 - Founding of Engel & Völkers AG
- 2002 - Introduction of the master licence concept
- 2008 - Founding of the new division Yachting
- 2009 - Opening of the 400th office worldwide
- 2011 - Three franchises sue Engel & Voelkers in US
- 2012 - Now represented with 500 shops and offices worldwide
- 2013 - Establishment of the Metropolitan Market Center concept
- 2014 - Expansion into Canada
- 2015 - Aviation Division Founded 
Presently, Engel & Völkers operates in 39 countries on 6 continents, with a workforce of more than 7,000 people across more than 500 luxury real estate brokerages and 49 commercial offices brokering retail, office and industrial space, investment properties, multi-purpose apartment and office blocks and property portfolios offer both private and institutional clients. The company's headquarters is situated in Hamburg, Germany and regional headquarters are located in New York City and Hong Kong.
Engel & Völkers Private Office specialises in serving private clients, operating similar to a family office. From its headquarters in London, the Engel & Völkers Private Office provides personal support to clients interested in selling or buying global luxury property.
In 2013 the company established the Metropolitan Market Center (MMC) concept in Barcelona, Spain. The licence for an MMC covers the entire geographical region of a metropolis. This means that its transaction volume is equivalent to that of between ten and 20 traditional Engel & Völkers shops and offices. Nowadays, there are several of them, such as Madrid, Paris, Dubai, Rome, New York City.
- "About - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Franchisetoown". Franchisetoown.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Private office - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers.
-  Archived December 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived July 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Engel & Volkers Makes Great Strides in the US". Thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "The Most Remarkable Shop Image & Design Property Agent Award - ENGEL & VÖLKERS, Mid Levels - Square Foot". Squarefoot.com.hk. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Private office - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Archived from the original on 2015-06-10. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Engel & Volkers Yachting Germany & Equisea Yacht Management Monaco form partnership". Charterworld.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Engel & Völkers opens Metropolitan Market Center in Barcelona - Engel & Völkers". Engel & Völkers. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- Official website
- California Department of Corporations UFOC document
- "E&V faces new suits from U.S. brokers". The Real Deal. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2016.