Atsür with Galatasaray
|No. 14 – ALBA Berlin|
April 2, 1984 |
|Nationality||Turkish / German|
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||190 lb (86 kg)|
|College||NC State (2003–2007)|
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|2009–2010||Beşiktaş Cola Turka|
|2012–2014||Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
|2014–2016||Beşiktaş Sompo Japan|
Engin Atsür (born April 2, 1984) is a Turkish professional basketball player who currently plays for ALBA Berlin from Germany. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds and he plays at the point guard position. Atsür played college basketball in the United States with North Carolina State University from 2003-07.
After one year in the Turkish Second League, Atsür moved to Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S. to study business administration at NC State on an athletic scholarship and he graduated in 2007. Atsür was the starting point guard for NC State all four years. He was named to the Collegeinsider.com Defensive All-America Team for his junior season.
Atsür signed his first professional contract with the Italian League team Benetton Treviso on June 30, 2007. After spending one season in Italy, he signed a contract with the Turkish League team Efes Pilsen. For the 2009-10 season, Atsür signed a contract with Beşiktaş Cola Turka.
After a successful season with Beşiktaş Cola Turka (27 games in TBL with 30.0 min, 13.1 pts, 48.3% FG, 40.8% 3P, 80.2% FT, 3.0 reb, 4.4 ast, 1.4 stl, 2.4 TO), Atsür signed with Fenerbahçe for two years.
On June 23, 2014, Atsür returned to his former team Beşiktaş, when he sigend a 2-year deal with an option for a third year.
Turkish national team
At the 2002 European Championship for Junior Men at Germany, Atsür averaged 22.3 PPG and he was selected to the All-Tournament First Team as the best shooting guard of the competition.
At North Carolina State:
- 33rd player in North Carolina State University history to score over 1,000 points; scored 1181 points in his career.
- 2nd best three-point shooter in school history
- 4th best in minutes played in school history (3,838 min- 119 games- 32,3 mpg)
- Averaged 9.9 PPG over his career 
- Engin Atsur
- Draft Express: Engin Atsur
- DEFENSIVE ALL-AMERICA TEAM Retrieved December 18, 2006
- Engin Atsür Efes Pilsen'de (Turkish) Retrieved July 12, 2008
- Basketbolda Kadromuzu Güçlendirdik Archived September 4, 2009, on Wayback Machine. (Turkish)
- Fenerbahçe Ülker Engin Atsür'ü transfer etti (Turkish)
- Engin Aslan oldu (Turkish)
- "Engin Atsür Galatasaray Medical Park'ta" (in Turkish). Galatasaray SK. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Engin Atsur signs a 2+1 contract with Besiktas". Sportando.com. 2014-06-23. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Medien: Atsür vor Wechsel zu Alba". spox.com. 14 July 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Turkey Senior Basketball Team FIBA World Championships 2006 Retrieved February 18, 2007
- Gopack.com Retrieved July 27, 2008