|Look up engineer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An engineer is a professional practitioner in various disciplines of engineering.
Engineer may also refer to:
A graduate degree:
- Engineer or Applied Scientist, a graduate degree its rank is higher than Master of Philosophy but lower than Doctor of Philosophy
An operator of equipment:
- Railroad engineer, an operator of a locomotive
- Flight engineer, an operator of aircraft systems
- Stationary engineer, an operator of boilers, turbines and generators
- Audio engineer or sound mixer, an operator of recording, broadcasting and mixing consoles
- Marine engineer, an operator of propulsion systems in the engine department of a ship
- A firefighter whose assignment is to drive the fire apparatus
- An ingénieur creates the equipment used by a stage magician
Military titles and ranks:
- Sapper, pioneer, or combat engineer, a soldier who performs building, digging, repairing and similar work
- Engineer Officer, a title for several types of officers in the British military
- Chief engineer, a licensed mariner in charge of the engineering department on a vessel
A title used in certain trade certification programs:
A surname in India, commonly but not exclusively Parsi:
- Aryana Engineer (born 2001), Canadian child actress
- Asghar Ali Engineer (born 1939), Indian Islamic scholar and leader of the Progressive Dawoodi Bohra
- Aspy Engineer (1912–2002), Indian air marshal and ambassador to Iran
- Farokh Engineer (born 1938), Indian cricketer
- Sachet Engineer, Indian actor and champion swimmer
- Engineer (Afghan honorific), an honorific used in Afghanistan, commonly translated into English rather than transliterated
- Engineer (Technical Fest), a technical symposium of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka NITK
- Engineer (comics), the title of two Wildstorm comics characters
- Engineer (band), an American metal band
- Engineers (band), a British rock band
- Engineers (Engineers album), 2005
- Engineers (Gary Numan album), 1980
- Engineer (film), a Tamil language film originally slated to be released in 1999
- Engineer (horse), a brown English Thoroughbred stallion
- A student or alumni of Brooklyn Technical High School
- An alumnus of one of the French "Grandes Écoles"
- The Engineer, playable class in the Team Fortress 2 video game series
- Engineers, a race of aliens, forerunners of humanity, from the 2012 film Prometheus
- MIT Engineers the name of MIT sports teams.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Engineer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.