England High School
|England High School|
|501 Pine Bluff Highway
England, Arkansas 72046
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|NCES School ID||050585000296 |
|Teaching staff||31.06 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.24|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP)
|Athletics||Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Athletics conference||2A Region 5 (Basketball)|
|Team name||England Lions|
England High School is an accredited comprehensive public high school located in the rural community of England, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for approximately 350 students each year in grades 7 through 12. It is one of four public high schools in Lonoke County, Arkansas and the only high school administered by the England School District.
England High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1929. The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The England Lions compete in interscholastic activities within the 2A Classification via the 2A Region 5 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Lions participate in basketball (boys/girls), cheer, baseball, football, softball, and track and field (boys/girls). The England boys won the 2015 2A state basketball championship, 64-62 over Junction City.
Clubs and traditions
England students may engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Key Club, and Quiz Bowl.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for England High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Institution Summary, England High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "School Profile, England High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2012.