EBLEX is a division of the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) and delivers services to beef and lamb levy payers in England. It exists to enhance the competitiveness and sustainability of the English beef and lamb sector. It was renamed http://beefandlamb.ahdb.org.uk/ in June 2015. Its functions and aims remain unchanged.
AHDB Beef and Lamb has the following aims:
- To help the English beef and sheep meat supply chain become more efficient
- To add value to the English beef and sheep meat industry.
It is funded through a statutory levy paid to the AHDB on all beef and sheep animals slaughtered in, or live animals exported from, England.
AHDB Beef and Lamb is a division of the AHDB which also represents five other agriculture and horticulture sectors across the UK:
- pigs in England through its BPEX division
- cereals and oilseeds in the UK through its HGCA division
- milk in Great Britain through its DairyCo division
- potatoes in Great Britain through its PCL division
- horticultural in Great Britain through its HDC division
The six AHDB divisions work together to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
The AHDB is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB). That means it operates at arm's length of Government but liaises closely with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), its 'sponsor' department.
|This agriculture article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|