English cricket team in Australia in 1936–37
The England cricket team toured Australia in the 1936–37 season to play a five-match Test series against Australia for The Ashes. The tour was organised by the Marylebone Cricket Club and matches outside the Tests were played under the MCC name.
Australia won the series 3–2, having been 2–0 down, and therefore retained The Ashes.
Test series summary
- 1st Test at Brisbane Cricket Ground – England won by 322 runs
- 2nd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – England won by an innings and 22 runs
- 3rd Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by 365 runs
- 4th Test at Adelaide Oval – Australia won by 148 runs
- 5th Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by an innings and 200 runs
- "Ceylon v MCC 1936". CricketArchive. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Annual reviews
- Further reading
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877–1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, Andre Deutsch, 1993
- Ray Robinson, On Top Down Under, Cassell, 1975
|This article on an international cricket tour of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|