English cricket team in Australia in 1979–80
The England national cricket team toured Australia from November 1979 to February 1980 and played a three-match Test series against the Australia national cricket team. Australia won the Test series 3–0. England were captained by Mike Brearley; Australia by Greg Chappell. In addition, the teams played in a triangular Limited Overs International (LOI) tournament with the West Indies cricket team. The West Indies won this tournament, defeating England in the final.
As part of the settlement between World Series Cricket and the Australian board, this series was hastily arranged along with another involving Australia and the West Indies. The two series are seen by many as semi-official only, for example, The Ashes were not at stake.
Test series summary
- 1st Test at WACA Ground, Perth – Australia won by 138 runs
- 2nd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – Australia won by 6 wickets
- 3rd Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by 8 wickets
- "England in Australia 1979–80". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Australia v England, First Test 1979–80". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Australia v England, Second Test 1979–80". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Australia v England, Third Test 1979–80". CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
|This article on an international cricket tour of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|