Type of site
|Learning management system, Educational assessment|
Engrade was an educational technology company that provides online learning management system and educational assessment products to K-12 school districts. Engrade was founded in 2003 and later acquired by McGraw-Hill Education in January 2014. As of March 2015, Engrade ranks in the top 5,000 US websites. The service was discontinued on June 30, 2019.
Engrade was founded by Bri Holt as a high school student in 2003. The company later received 2 rounds of venture capital funding totaling $8 million from Javelin Venture Partners, Rethink Education, Kapor Capital, New Schools Venture Fund, and Samsung Venture Investment Corp. The company grew to a reported 4.5 million users before being acquired by McGraw-Hill Education in January 2014.
Engrade divides its education products into four groups:
- Corebook — a gradebook specifically designed for standards-based grading and Common Core alignment.
- Teach — a school-wide content management system that integrates third-party content providers.
- Assess — a PARCC and SBAC aligned student assessment tool.
- Improve — processes data from Engrade tools and third parties to provide district-level reports about student performance.
- Empson, Rip (February 9, 2014). "McGraw-Hill Buys Engrade For ~$50M As It Moves Away From Textbooks, Towards A Future Of SaaS". TechCrunch.
- Alexa. "engrade.com: Site Overview" (Retrieved 2015-03-24)
- "Transition Out of Engrade". blog.dsstpublicschools.org. Retrieved 2023-02-11.
- Kolodny, Lora (July 5, 2013). "Engrade Racks Up $5M to Help Schools Use Data for Improved Learning". WSJ.
- Isaac, Mike (July 3, 2013). "EdTech Startup Engrade Raises $5 Million". All Things D.
- Beltran, Luisa (July 3, 2013). "Engrade Raises $5 Mln". PE Hub.
- Mitroff, Sarah (May 2, 2012). "High school coder gets $3M for his gradebook software, 10-years later". VentureBeat.
- Empson, Rip (July 3, 2014). "Engrade Lands $5M From Javelin, Samsung And Others To Help Schools Unify Learning Data, Systems In One Platform". TechCrunch.
- "McGraw-Hill Education to Acquire Engrade - EdSurge News". EdSurge. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "Engrade Website". Archived from the original on 2015-03-22. Retrieved 2015-03-25.