Type of site
|Learning management system, Educational assessment|
Engrade is an educational technology company that provides online learning management system and educational assessment products to K-12 school districts. Engrade was founded in 2003 and later acquired by McGraw-Hill Education in January 2014. As of March 2015, Engrade ranks in the top 5,000 US websites.
Engrade was founded by Bri Holt as a high school student in 2003. The company later received 2 rounds of venture capital funding totaling $8 million from Javelin Venture Partners, Rethink Education, Kapor Capital, New Schools Venture Fund, and Samsung Venture Investment Corp. The company grew to a reported 4.5 million users before being acquired by McGraw-Hill Education in January 2014.
Engrade divides its education products into four groups:
- Corebook - a gradebook specifically designed for standards-based grading and Common Core alignment.
- Teach - a school-wide content management system that integrates third-party content providers.
- Assess - a PARCC and SBAC aligned student assessment tool.
- Improve - processes data from Engrade tools and third parties to provide district-level reports about student performance.
- Empson, Rip (February 9, 2014). "McGraw-Hill Buys Engrade For ~$50M As It Moves Away From Textbooks, Towards A Future Of SaaS". TechCrunch.
- Alexa. "engrade.com: Site Overview" (Retrieved 2015-03-24)
- Kolodny, Lora (July 5, 2013). "Engrade Racks Up $5M to Help Schools Use Data for Improved Learning". WSJ.
- Isaac, Mike (July 3, 2013). "EdTech Startup Engrade Raises $5 Million". All Things D.
- Beltran, Luisa (July 3, 2013). "Engrade Raises $5 Mln". PE Hub.
- Mitroff, Sarah (May 2, 2012). "High school coder gets $3M for his gradebook software, 10-years later". VentureBeat.
- Empson, Rip (July 3, 2014). "Engrade Lands $5M From Javelin, Samsung And Others To Help Schools Unify Learning Data, Systems In One Platform". TechCrunch.
- "McGraw-Hill Education to Acquire Engrade - EdSurge News". EdSurge. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "Engrade Website". Archived from the original on 2015-03-22. Retrieved 2015-03-25.