Enhanced Avionics System
Enhanced Avionics System (or EASy) is an Integrated Modular Avionics suite and Cockpit display system used on Dassault Falcon business jets since Falcon 900EX, and later used in other newer Falcon aircraft such as Falcon 2000EX and Falcon 7X.
EASy was first integrated and certificated on Falcon 900EX. The first EASy equipped 900EX was delivered in December 2003. Honeywell Primus Epic base of EASy was then integrated on other business jets and helicopters.
- Synthetic vision system
- ADS-B Out
- paperless charts
- Future Air Navigation System (FANS-1/A) using Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC)
- Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance (LPV)
- "Dassault présente le Falcon 900LX à faible consommation". Le Figaro. 2008-05-20. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
The aircraft comes standard with the award-winning EASy flight deck. The EASy flight deck is designed to reduce pilot workload and improve pilot interaction through elevated situational awareness in the cockpit. Today, over 215 EASy equipped aircraft are in operation.
- "Dassault Falcon EASy Flight Deck" (PDF). Honeywell. 2008-05-20. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- "Dassault Falcon's EASy Flight Deck Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Prestigious Industry Safety Award". Dassault Aviation. 2004-12-17. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Honeywell's Primus Epic has One More to Go". Aviation Week. 2003. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Technical hurdles delay Primus Epic program". ainonline.com. 2003-08-01. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
When Honeywell started the development program no one had ever certified an MAU. There were no regulations or TSO standards to follow and so Honeywell had to start from square one, working with the FAA and JAA to set the standards for what an MAU would be.
- "Dassault Falcon announced the launch of ‘EASy Phase II’ at NBAA". skycontrol.net. 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
Dassault Falcon announced the launch of ‘EASy Phase II’, a host of enhancements to the award-winning flight deck that will include synthetic vision technology.
- "Dassault EASy 2". Honeywell. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "EASy II offers major upgrade for Falcon fliers". ainonline.com. 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast OUT" (PDF). Eurocontrol. 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- "EASy II Certification Granted by EASA and FAA for the Falcon 900LX". Dassault Aviation. 2011-06-20. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "EASy II ]]Granted FAA and EASA Approval for Falcon 7X". Dassault Aviation. 2013-05-20. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Dassault Falcon EASY Flight Deck" (PDF). Honeywell. July 2005. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
The heart of the EASy platform is two, dual-channel, cabinet-based modular avionics units (MAUs). Highly rationalized, the MAU integrates functional cards for several applications into a single module. Each functional card performs multiple tasks previously requiring dedicated computer processors.
- "DDC-I In Action". ddci.com. Retrieved 2012-04-22.