Enlight Renewable Energy
|Traded as||TASE: ENLT|
|Predecessor||Sahar Investments Ltd.|
|Founded||August 1, 2008|
|Headquarters||Rosh HaAyin, Israel|
|Gilad Yavetz (CEO)|
Enlight Renewable Energy operates in the renewable energy industry as a developer and operator of solar and wind power facilities. It owns rights to photovoltaic facilities in Israel and Italy. Enlight is a subsidiary of Eurocom Group, which owns 43.48% of the company.
In November 2010 Enlight signed agreements with two Italian companies for the establishment of Italy-based SPVs to lead the development of solar energy farms and rooftop solar energy projects in Italy.
In August 2011 Enlight entered into agreements with six communities in the Golan Heights to construct wind turbines on their land, subject to regulatory approval and clearance from Israel's Ministry of Defense.
Enlight is leading the development of the Halutziot project, one of Israel's largest solar energy undertakings, in the western Negev. Upon completion, Halutziot will span 1000 dunams and have a power output capacity of 55 megawatts. The projected cost of the Halutziot project is ₪520 million, and the gross income over a period of twenty years based on a rate of ₪0.62 per kilowatt hour is estimated at ₪1.4 billion.
Enlight describes itself as a vertical integration company, capable of operating in all four areas of the energy production chain so as to reduce licensing timeframes and generate higher returns on investments. The first of the four areas is the initiation stage, which involves locating suitable land or rooftops and entering into agreements with the owners; the second is the development and planning stage, which involves planning the facility and obtaining regulatory clearance; the third is the financing and installation stage, which involves financing the project and connecting the facility to the electricity grid; the fourth and last is the electricity sale, operation and maintenance stage, which involves selling the electricity produced and managing the facility.
Enlight Energy was founded by Gilad Yavetz, Zafrir Yoeli and Amit Paz. The company joined the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in June 2010 through a reverse merger with Sahar Investments Ltd. Sahar, which prior to the merger was a shell company belonging to Shaul Elovitch's Eurocom Group, subsequently changed its name to Enlight Renewable Energy Ltd.
- Clean technology
- Renewable energy
- Solar power in Israel
- Sustainable energy
- List of companies of Israel
- List of renewable energy companies by stock exchange
- Levy, Aviv (25 October 2011). "Enlight in talks to buy Italian PV energy rights". Globes. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Enlight Renewable Energy Ltd. – List of Interested Parties". Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Enlight share rises on Italian solar deals". Globes. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 11 November 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Levy, Aviv (20 February 2011). "Hapoalim lends Enlight NIS 22m to build PV facilities". Globes. Archived from the original on 29 January 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Dodd, Jan (31 August 2011). "Enlight signs agreements for 50MW Golan Heights' projects". Windpower Monthly. Israel. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Shaul, Daniella (9 September 2011). מהלך להקמת טורבינות רוח במשקים חקלאיים בגולן [Move to erect wind turbines on agricultural farms in the Golan]. Shishi BaGolan (in Hebrew). Retrieved 11 November 2011.
אנחנו אמנם מעריכים שיהיו אילוצים עימם נצטרך להתמודד מול משרד הביטחון, אך מקווים להתגבר.[permanent dead link]
- Barkat, Amiram; Levy, Aviv (3 January 2013). "Noy fund to invest NIS 80m in Enlight's Halutziot project". Globes. Archived from the original on 6 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- Azran, Eran (18 January 2013). "Market report: Wall Street plays bull, bear". Haaretz. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
The power station, using photovoltaic technology, will receive about 62 agorot per kilowatt hour over a 20-year period, based on a decision by Israeli regulators.
- Yeshayahu, Kobi (17 January 2013). מניית היום: מזנקת בכ-21% בעקבות אישור לפרויקט גדול. Globes (in Hebrew). Archived from the original on 19 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Business Model". Enlight Renewable Energy Ltd. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
Enlight's integrated core capabilities have resulted in a company capable of vertical integration providing Enlight a competitive advantage in the market, which is expressed in reduced licensing timeframes, categorizing projects according to quotas and ensuring higher return on investments for the company, its customers and partners.
- Tzipori, Tali (10 January 2013). חברה על הכוונת: אנלייט אנרגיה צריכה רק יותר שמש. Globes (in Hebrew). Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Eurocom cleantech subsidiary begins TASE trading". Globes. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 11 November 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Udasin, Sharon (24 August 2011). "Local firm to construct more Golan Heights wind turbines". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Weinreb, Gali (14 October 2009). "Elovitch to buy Enlight Renewable Energy". Globes. Retrieved 11 November 2011.[permanent dead link]