Basil Müller FDP/PRD
(as of 2008)
|• Total||2.11 km2 (0.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||360 m (1,180 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2013)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Baden, Freienwil, Oberehrendingen, Obersiggenthal, Wettingen|
Ennetbaden is first mentioned about 1261-64 as Alio Badin.
Ennetbaden has an area, as of 2006[update], of 2.1 km2 (0.81 sq mi). Of this area, 20.9% is used for agricultural purposes, while 42.7% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 33.6% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (2.8%) is non-productive (rivers or lakes).
Coat of arms
Ennetbaden has a population (as of 31 December 2013) of 3,264. As of 2008[update], 21.0% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -1%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (83.8%), with French being second most common ( 2.4%) and Italian being third ( 2.2%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Ennetbaden is; 272 children or 9.1% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 208 teenagers or 6.9% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 415 people or 13.8% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 489 people or 16.3% are between 30 and 39, 511 people or 17.0% are between 40 and 49, and 427 people or 14.2% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 354 people or 11.8% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 178 people or 5.9% are between 70 and 79, there are 120 people or 4.0% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 28 people or 0.9% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 243 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 645 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 476 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.08 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 518 single family homes (or 31.6% of the total) out of a total of 1,639 homes and apartments.
In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the SP which received 26.5% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the FDP (19.7%), the SVP (18.9%) and the Green Party (13.7%).
The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Ennetbaden about 85.1% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 158 students attending primary school in the municipality.
As of 2007[update], Ennetbaden had an unemployment rate of 1.97%. As of 2005[update], there were 39 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 8 businesses involved in this sector. 23 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 9 businesses in this sector. 537 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 89 businesses in this sector.
As of 2000[update] there were 1,709 total workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 1,504 or about 88.0% of the residents worked outside Ennetbaden while 371 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 576 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 1,230 or 40.7% are Roman Catholic, while 980 or 32.5% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there is 1 individual who belongs to the Christian Catholic faith.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 18 August 2014
- Ennetbaden in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 8 February 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 8 February 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
- Media related to Ennetbaden at Wikimedia Commons