|EP by James Blake|
|Released||7 October 2011|
|Genre||Soul, electronic, post-dubstep|
|Label||ATLAS, A&M, Polydor|
|Producer||James Blake, Justin Vernon, Miti Adhikari|
|James Blake chronology|
|Singles from Enough Thunder|
Enough Thunder is an EP by English dubstep producer and singer-songwriter James Blake. The EP showcases more soul music than the experimental dubstep and electronic sounds of his self-titled debut album.
The EP was bundled with the deluxe edition of Blake's self-titled debut album, as well as being a standalone release.
The EP received a 64/100 on Metacritic indicating generally positive reviews. Entertainment Weekly's review stated that "The silky-voiced Brit's Bon Iver-assisted EP is lush enough to be played at a swanky restaurant, but it may be even better suited to an evening alone with a hard drink." Consequence of Sound's Mohammad Choudhery wrote of Blake, "he continues to grow into one of the most compelling musicians today." Pitchfork Media gave it a 6.4/10, commending Blake's "fighting [of] the good fight."
All songs written and produced by James Blake except where noted.
|1.||"Once We All Agree"||4:23|
|2.||"We Might Feel Unsound"||4:00|
|3.||"Fall Creek Boys Choir" (with Bon Iver)||James Blake, Justin Vernon||James Blake, Justin Vernon||4:33|
|4.||"A Case of You"||Joni Mitchell||Miti Adhikari||2:57|
|5.||"Not Long Now"||5:23|
- James Blake - vocals, instrumentation, producer, songwriter
- Rob McAndrews - electric guitar on "Once We All Agree"
- Justin Vernon - vocals, producer and songwriter on "Fall Creek Boys Choir"
- Miti Adhikari - producer on "A Case of You"
- George Thomas - engineer on "A Case of You"
- "Watch the New James Blake Video". Pitchfork. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- Enough Thunder [EP] Reviews, Ratings, Credits and More at Metacritic