March 6, 1978 |
Mexico City, Mexico
|Alma mater||Tec de Monterrey (ITESM) Campus Monterrey / Columbia University|
|Occupation||News Anchor, Univision|
|Known for||News Anchor at Univision News Correspondent Mexican Journalists Hispanic Journalists|
He's been called one of the "Top Latinos in American Newsrooms" and a "Global Media Leader." Enrique Acevedo (born March 6, 1978) is the anchor of the award-winning Noticiero Univision late-night edition, and a special correspondent for The Fusion Media Group.
Since the start of his career in 2002, Acevedo has covered the news around the world for print, broadcast and digital media, including Fidel Castro's Funeral in Cuba, the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa, the humanitarian crisis in Haiti and the drug wars in Mexico and Latin America. He's also reported on every major news story in the U.S. for the past decade. During the 2016 presidential cycle he co-moderated Univision's Democratic Debate and led the network's electoral coverage along Maria Elena Salinas and Jorge Ramos.
He has interviewed some of the most influential figures in the world including President Barack Obama, Philanthropist Melinda Gates, Nobel Peace Prize winners Jody Williams, Desmond Tutu, Kofi Annan and Juan Manuel Santos, as well as many other global leaders in the fields of science, finance and technology .
His work has been published in The New York Times, El Pais, Reforma, Milenio, Letras Libres, Fusion and The New York Review of Magazines. He's a frequent contributor on NPR's Here and Now, and on many of the most popular radios shows across Latin America.
Recognitions and studies
He has a master's degree in Journalism from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism  His work in Japan was featured as part of the Journalism School's centennial celebration in a book commemorating the best 100 stories in the last century. He's the recipient of a News & Documentary Emmy Award in the Outstanding Newscast or News Magazine category. He's also been awarded the National Journalism prize by Mexico's Press Club on two occasions
- Award-Winning Journalist Enrique Acevedo to Anchor Univision’s Late Evening News. Corporate.univision.com. Retrieved on November 24, 2015.
- Video – Enrique Acevedo regresa de Sendai. Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved on November 24, 2015.
- Video – Enrique Acevedo en Mozambique. noticias.univision.com
- Video – President Barack Obama sat down with Enrique Acevedo in Cartagena (complete interview)
- Columbia University Journalism School Alumni and Friends. Journalism.columbia.edu. Retrieved on November 24, 2015.
- Callejas, Juan. Club de Periodistas de mÉxico, A.c.. scribd.com
- Enrique Acevedo on Twitter
- Enrique Acevedo on Facebook
- Enrique Acevedo on Instagram
- Global Media Leaders-World Economic Forum
- Opinión-El Pais
- Revista Letras Libres
- Opinión-Univision Noticias
- Opinión-La Razón
- Immigration Shows How Politics Drive Policy
- Mexico’s future starts with rule of law and education reform
- Enrique Acevedo Tapped as Univision Late Evening News Anchor – TV Newser
- Univision Noticias Edicion Nocturna outperforms all ABC,CBS and NBC Late-Night Shows – TV by the Numbers
- Huffington Post
- NPR Here and Now