Enrique Plancarte Solís
|Enrique Plancarte Solís|
14 September 1970|
Nueva Italia, Michoacán, Mexico
|Died||31 March 2014(aged 43)|
|Other names||La Chiva, El Kike|
|Occupation||Leader of the Knights Templar|
|Criminal charge||Drug trafficking, murder, extortion, money laundering, kidnapping|
|Mexico: $10 Million Mexican Pesos;
USA: $1.6 million USD
Enrique Plancarte Solís (14 September 1970 – 31 March 2014) was a Mexican drug lord and high-ranking leader of the Knights Templar Cartel, a drug cartel headquartered in the state of Michoacán. Prior to his tenure in the Knights Templar, he was a top leader of the split-off group La Familia Michoacana.
Plancarte Solís was a high-ranking leader of La Familia Michoacana drug cartel. Following the reported death of Nazario Moreno González in 2010, La Familia Michoacana broke off and formed the Knights Templar Cartel, an organized crime gang based in the Mexican state of Michoacán. Plancarte was one of its top lieutenants. His duties were to coordinate the production and smuggling operations of methamphetamine from Mexico into US He was wanted by the governments of Mexico and the U.S.
Kingpin Act sanction
On 25 February 2010, the United States Department of the Treasury sanctioned Plancarte Solís under the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act (sometimes referred to simply as the "Kingpin Act"), for his involvement in drug trafficking along with twenty-one other international criminals and ten foreign entities. The act prohibited U.S. citizens and companies from doing any kind of business activity with him, and virtually froze all his assets in the U.S.
Personal life and family
In 2014, the Mexican singer Melissa admitted to being Plancarte Solis' daughter. His cousin Jesús Ramírez Plancarte was arrested by Mexican security forces on 22 May 2014. His nephew Mario Loya Contreras was arrested by the Mexican Federal Police in Apatzingán with four other suspected criminals on 5 June 2014.
- "La Familia Michoacana" (PDF). U.S. Department of the Treasury. February 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 March 2010. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- La Familia Michoacana Fact Sheet Archived 22 July 2012 at the Wayback Machine. DEA
- "Sicarios y predicadores". La Jornada (in Spanish). 15 July 2009. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Cae responsable de narcolaboratorios de La Familia (23 December 2009) El Universal (in Spanish).
- "Prevén arrecie lucha por lugar del 'Chayo' en Michoacán". Reforma (in Spanish). Terra. 29 May 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- El Chango Mendez arrestado. Archived 25 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. (in Spanish)
- OFAC Issues Kingpin Act Designations; Places Individuals and Entities on the SDN List (25 February 2010)
- Treasury Sanctions La Familia Michoacana Leadership
- Boletina EU a los líderes de La Familia Michoacana
- "DESIGNATIONS PURSUANT TO THE FOREIGN NARCOTICS KINGPIN DESIGNATION ACT" (PDF). United States Department of the Treasury. 15 May 2014. p. 10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 May 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "An overview of the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act" (PDF). United States Department of the Treasury. 2009. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Abaten en Querétaro a "Kike" Plancarte, líder de Los Templarios". Proceso. 30 March 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Detienen a presunto primo de Kike Plancarte en Apatzingán". El Universal (in Spanish). 22 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Caen familiares de 'El Chayo' y 'El Kike' Plancarte en Apatzingán" (in Spanish). Proceso. 5 June 2014. Archived from the original on 5 June 2014. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
|This biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|