Ente Veedu Appuvinteyum
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ente Veedu Appuvinteyum|
|Directed by||Sibi Malayil|
|Produced by||Prem Prakash|
|Distributed by||Murali films|
|11 April 2003|
Ente Veedu Appuvinteyum is a 2003 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film directed by Sibi Malayil and starring Jayaram, Jyothirmayi and Kalidas Jayaram. The film was remade in Tamil as Kannadi Pookal.
The movie revolves around Viswanathan (Jayaram), Meera (Jyothirmayi) and little Vasudev (Kalidas Jayaram) who are a very happy family. Meera is Vasu's stepmom. But, Meera and Vasu are very close to each other. But, she had never tried to keep Vasu in the dark about this truth, and she had always loved Vasu as her own son. For Vasu, Meera was not only his mother but also his best friend too. They live happily.
In the meantime, Meera gives birth to a son, and it is Vasu who is the happiest. He names his little brother Appu and cares much for him. After Appu is born, the parents start paying more attention to the baby while Vasu feels left out. On Appu's birthday, Vasu buys him a small gift with the pennies he was saving. But when he sees everyone is giving expensive and much costlier gifts, he feels disappointed and hides his gift. He feels insecure when he sees his parents caring Appu more while they are not being attentive towards him. Feeling dejected, one day Vasu and his father (Viswanathan) falls into an argument and Vishwanathan goes to the extending of slapping Vasudev. This begins to create problems leading Vasu to unintentionally kill the baby, which in-turn gets him imprisoned in the juvenile home. After completing the terms in the juvenile home, he comes back to the home and gets a surprise from Meera in the form of another baby. He kisses the baby, with Viswanathan and Meera happy about their bonding.
- Jayaram as Viswanathan
- Jyothirmayi as Meera (Dubbed by Praveena)
- Kalidas Jayaram as Vasudev
- Sanusha as Teena
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha
- Kalashala Babu
- Nedumudi Venu
- TS Raju
- Nisha Sarang
- Geetha Salam
- Best Child Artiste – Kalidas Jayaram (2003)
- "A different act" The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Father son duo who won Kerala State Film Awards". The Times of India. 5 September 2016.
- "Remake season down south!". Rediff.com. 23 February 2003.
- "Alphonse Puthren to direct Kalidas Jayaram". The News Minute. 26 May 2017.
- "Vishnu Unnikrishnan is finally playing the hero". Gulf News. 29 November 2016.
- "Jayaram Interview: "Acting Is Always Fun"". Silverscreen. 17 July 2016.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|