Rainbow on the Entella near its mouth
|- elevation||30 m (98 ft)|
|Ligurian Sea between Chiavari and Lavagna|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||around 6 km (3.7 mi)|
|Basin size||376 km2 (145 sq mi)|
|- average||13.875 m3/s (490.0 cu ft/s)|
The name Entella was given to the river by Ptolemy; it's maybe derived from entos ( = inside) and elòa ( = olive), due to the dark-green colour of the river banks of its upper basin. The name came into the popular use from the end of the 18th century; the river was previously called by common people Lavagna.
The Entella is formed by the confluence of the Lavagna and Sturla streams, near Carasco in the Province of Genova. The river then flows westwards at first before turning south before it meets the Ligurian Sea between Chiavari and Lavagna, in a large and in summer an almost totally dry riverbed.
Besides Lavagna and Sturla the only relevant tributary of the Entella river is the torrente Graveglia.
- Giuseppe Valle (2015-03-14). "Chiavari: petizione per salvare il fiume Entella". Levante news. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- AA.VV. "IL BACINO DEL FIUME ENTELLA" (PDF). cartogis.provincia.genova.it. Provincia di Genova. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- 13.875 m3/s (490.0 cu ft/s) is an esteem of the real discharge; natural discharge (also considering artificial water derivations) = 14.53 m3/s (513 cu ft/s)
- AA.VV. "CARATTERISTICHE ACQUE COSTIERE: scheda 19" (PDF). www.cartografiarl.regione.liguria.it. Regione Liguria. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Casini, A. "Storia di Lavagna". www.turismolavagna.altervista.org. Città di Lavagna. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Aldo Pio Feoli (2014-11-29). "I Diavoli Neri nell'inferno del Comunale: per l'Entella è la prima in Serie B". www.ilciriaco.it. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Gazzetta universale (in Italian). 1797. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Foce e medio corso del Fiume Entella" (PDF) (in Italian). Regione Liguria. Retrieved 2018-03-12.
- Drainage basins of the Ligurian Sea
- Rivers of the Metropolitan City of Genoa (Province of Genoa)
- List of rivers of Italy
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Entella river.|