Enterprise asset management
Enterprise asset management (EAM) involves the management of the maintenance of physical assets of an organization throughout each asset's lifecycle. EAM is used to plan, optimize, execute, and track the needed maintenance activities with the associated priorities, skills, materials, tools, and information. This covers the design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and decommissioning or replacement of plant, equipment and facilities.
"Enterprise" refers to the scope of the assets in an Enterprise across departments, locations, facilities and, potentially, supporting business functions eg; Finance & GL, Human Resources and Payroll. Various assets are managed by the modern enterprises at present. The assets may be fixed assets like buildings, plants, machineries or moving assets like vehicles, ships, moving equipments etc. The lifecycle management of the high value physical assets require regressive planning and execution of the work.
Enterprise asset management software
Enterprise asset management software is a computer software that handles every aspect of running a modern public works or asset-intensive organization. Effective enterprise asset management (EAM) software solutions include many powerful features, such as complete asset life-cycle management, flexible preventive maintenance scheduling, complete warranty management, integrated mobile wireless handheld options and portal-based software interface.  Rapid development and availability of mobile devices also affected EAM software which now often supports Mobile enterprise asset management.
- Building lifecycle management
- Computerized maintenance management system
- Maintenance, repair, and operations
- Rio, Ralph. "What is Enterprise Asset Management - EAM?". www.ARCweb.com. Archived from the original on 13 April 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Doyle, Katie; Saulman, Jerry; Cary, Bill (2012), IBM Solution Approach For Enterprise Asset Management, 1.2, IBM, Introduction
- "Why do you need an Enterprise asset management system (EAM)?". bastionsafe.com. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "What is Enterprise Asset Management Software | FAQ". www.assetworks.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- Gurton, Annie (November 2000). "Dawn of the age of smart assets". Computer Weekly. Reed Business Information.
- Baird, G. (May 2011). "Defining Public Asset Management for Municipal Water Utilities". Journal American Water Works Association. American Water Works Association. 103 (5): 30.
- Physical Asset Management(Springer publication) Nicholas Anthony John,2010.
- Pascual, R. "El Arte de Mantener", Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2015.