Enterprise Municipal Airport (Alabama)
Enterprise Municipal Airport
NAIP aerial image, June 2006
|Owner||City of Enterprise|
|Elevation AMSL||361 ft / 110 m|
Enterprise Municipal Airport (IATA: ETS, ICAO: KEDN, FAA LID: EDN) is a city-owned, public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) west of the central business district of Enterprise, a city in Coffee County, Alabama, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
An EF4 tornado impacted near this area on March 1, 2007 before destroying the high school.
Facilities and aircraft
Enterprise Municipal Airport covers an area of 90 acres (36 ha) at an elevation of 361 feet (110 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,080 by 100 feet (1,548 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 25, 2010, the airport had 43,456 aircraft operations, an average of 119 per day: 58% military and 42% general aviation. At that time there were 52 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 2% helicopter, and 4% ultralight.
- "Enterprise Municipal Airport". City of Enterprise. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013. Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- FAA Airport Master Record for EDN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Enterprise Municipal Airport (IATA: ETS, ICAO: KEDN, FAA: EDN)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Airport page at City of Enterprise website
- Aerial image as of March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos from U.S. Civil Air Patrol at the Wayback Machine (archived September 23, 2006)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for EDN, effective May 21, 2020
- Resources for this airport: