|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||NYSE: EPD|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
Houston, Texas, United States
|Products||Crude oil, refined products and certain petrochemicals.|
|Services||Oil and gas transportation|
|Revenue||US$47.95 billion (2014)|
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is an American natural gas and crude oil pipeline company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. It acquired GulfTerra in September 2004, and is a member of the Fortune 500. Dan Duncan (1933–2010) was the majority owner.
On July 23, 2007, Cunningham replaced Michael A. Creel as president and CEO of the affiliated Enterprise GP Holdings LP (NYSE: EPE). Cunningham had earlier been named interim president and CEO, and resigned from the Enterprise Products CEO position effective July 31, 2007. Creel then became president and CEO of the company's general partner Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
Enterprise Products acquired Enterprise GP Holdings in 2010.
On February 8, 2011, a series of explosions destroyed much of a Mont Belvieu facility owned and operated by Enterprise Products. The ensuing fire was controlled after two hours. One contractor at the plant was not accounted for, however no other injuries were reported.
On January 26, 2015, a 20-inch Enterprise Products ATEX pipeline carrying ethane exploded and burned in Brooke County, West Virginia. Despite snow in the area, five acres of woodlands burned, and 1,283,000 gallons of ethane were consumed, or lost. The fireball melted siding on nearby homes and damaged power lines; it is believed that day’s snowy weather lessened the damage. Reports suspect a girth weld failure from ductile tensile overload, with the pipeline being less than two years old. There were no injuries.
On December 1, 2015, personnel from Enterprise discovered a spill at their West Cushing Tank Farm, in Cushing, Oklahoma. Approximately 42,000 gallons of crude oil were released within the terminal. A tank line had failed from internal corrosion.
On January 30, 2017, a road crew punctured the Seaway S-1 crude oil pipeline in Texas, which is jointly joined by Enterprise Products Partners and the Canadian Enbridge Inc. through the joint venture Seaway Crude Pipeline Company. Two days later, it was unclear how much oil had spilled over the nearby Highway 121 northeast of Dallas. After the incident, supply concerns reportedly helped push "oil prices 2% higher in early trading to nearly $54 a barrel.
According to the company website, it has the following assets:
51,000 miles (82,000 km) of pipelines, including:
- NGL Pipelines & Services: 19,400 miles (31,200 km) of natural gas liquids pipelines
- Onshore Natural Gas Pipelines & Services: 19,600 miles (31,500 km) of natural gas pipelines
- Onshore Crude Oil Pipelines & Services: 4,600 miles (7,400 km) of onshore crude oil pipelines
- Offshore Pipelines & Services: 2,300 miles (3,700 km) of Gulf of Mexico natural gas and crude oil pipelines
Storage (salt dome)
- 192 MMBbls of NGL storage capacity
- 27×109 cu ft (760,000,000 m3) of natural gas storage capacity
- Seven offshore Gulf of Mexico hub platforms
- NGL Import/Export Terminals on the Houston Ship Channel
- Import: unload up to 10,000 Bbls/hr
- Export: load up to 5,000 Bbls/hr
- 19 NGL and propylene fractionators
- NGL: nine plants, with a net capacity of approximately 439 Mbpd
- Propylene: four plants, with a net capacity of approximately 65 Mbpd
- Isomerization: three plants, with a net capacity of approximately 116 Mbpd
Natural gas processing
- 26 plants, with a net processing capacity of 6.3 Bcf/day
- Enterprise GP Holdings Names CEO[permanent dead link], Forbes. Associated Press. July 23, 2007
- Morris, Mike (8 February 2011). "Natural gas plant burns in Mont Belvieu". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- Molinski, Dan (January 31, 2017), Shutdown of Texas Pipeline Boosting Oil Prices, New York City: Wall Street Journal, retrieved February 1, 2017
- "Corporate Profile". Enterprise Products Partners L.P. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- "Enterprise Products Partners LP", S&P Capital IQ (stock report), McGraw Hill Financial, p. 2, October 17, 2014