Entertainment One Music
|Founded||January 1987(as Koch International)|
200 Varick St., New York, NY,
|Parent||Entertainment One |
(sale to Hasbro pending)
Entertainment One Music (stylized as eOne Music) is a music company owned by Entertainment One in the United States. eOne distributes its own digital content, with physical distribution handled by ADA in the U.S. and German indie SPV GmbH in Europe.
Entertainment One Music has 125 employees with offices around the world (New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Hamburg and Melbourne) and has a roster of over 150 artists. Its rights library includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content, approximately 40,000 music tracks and includes the labels Dualtone (Lumineers), Last Gang (Death From Above), Light Records and Death Row (Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac). With the acquisition of Round Room Entertainment, the company includes live entertainment production as part of its portfolio. eOne’s management group represents over 50 artists including Jax Jones, The Black Madonna and Arkells.
eOne Music was formed February 2004 as Koch Records to serve as the North American umbrella for Koch Entertainment. It signed country, classical, and rock acts including Ringo Starr, Joan Baez, Chris Brubeck, Bob James, and an exclusive distribution with Suge Knight's Death Row Records. In the 2000s, the company began to sign more hip hop acts.
With the name change in 2010 to Entertainment One Music, it relaunched its country division, eOne Nashville.
In November 2016, eOne announced Ted May as the new Director of eOne Music in the UK to establish the first music division outside of North America.
In 2016, Billboard ranked Entertainment One the #2 indie label in the U.S. (and eOne owned label Dualtone #7). Lumineers (Dualtone) had 2 #1 songs at AAA radio and Alternative Radio and the group’s Gold album "Ophelia" debuted at #1 on the Top 200. eOne also had the #1 Rap album with The Game.
- List of eOne Music artists (list includes artists signed to or distributed by Koch)
- eOne Music discography
- "Chris Taylor Joins Entertainment One to Lead Music Business as President, Entertainment One Music". Entertainment One. 8 March 2016. Archived from the original on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Chris Taylor's Global Ambition For eOne Music". FYI Music News.
- "WE'RE VERY WELL-FUNDED – AND WE'RE LOOKING AT EVERYTHING OUT THERE". Music Business Worldwide.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc (2004-02-14). Billboard. Books.google.com. p. 37. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Koch Renamed E1". Home Media Magazine. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- Chris Walsh (29 April 2010). "E1 Acquires IndieBlu". Billboard. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Jones, Rhian (2016-01-21). "Entertainment One acquires Nashville's Dualtone Music Group". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - TED MAY JOINS eONE ONE TO LEAD U.K. OPS". HITS Daily Double. Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "ENTERTAINMENT ONE RANKS TOP 10 ON MULTIPLE BILLBOARD YEAR–END CHARTS FOR 2016". Entertainment One.
- "The Lumineers Score Second Alternative Songs No. 1 With 'Ophelia'". Billboard.
- "The Game Earns Eighth No. 1 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart". Billboard.