Entertainment Studios Networks
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Entertainment Studios Networks|
|Owned by||Entertainment Studios|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||United States|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
Justice Central 383
|Verizon FiOS||Justice Central 186
|Sky Angel||Pets.TV 311
|AT&T U-verse||Justice Central 166 (SD) / 1166 (HD)
Pets.TV 279 (SD) / 1279 (HD)
Cars.TV 280 (SD) / 1280 (HD)
Comedy.TV 281 (SD) / 1281 (HD)
ES.TV 282 (SD) / 1282 (HD)
Recipe.TV 283 (SD) / 1283 (HD)
MyDestination.TV 284 (SD) / 1284 (HD)
|Digital media receiver||Roku
Entertainment Studios Networks is a group of seven high definition cable networks operated by Entertainment Studios Inc. The networks were launched in May 2009 through a deal with Verizon FIOS and have since expanded to Sky Angel and the Roku streaming player. and Boxee The six networks include ES.TV, Cars.TV, Pets.TV, MyDestination.TV, Recipe.TV, Comedy.TV, and Justice Central (carried on AT&T U-verse and Verizon FIOS). All the shows appearing on the networks are produced and distributed exclusively by Entertainment Studios.
- Cars.TV - dedicated to notable cars, showcasing the collectors, designers, innovators, and ultimate car enthusiasts.
- Recipe.TV - showcasing chefs, recipes, food and cuisine from around the world.
- Comedy.TV - comedians performing live and taped, as well as hosted talk and variety shows such as Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen and Comedy.TV.
- MyDestination.TV - dedicated to showcasing exotic destinations around the world, and Beautiful Homes & Great Estates
- Pets.TV - dedicated to pets and pet lovers, celebrating the best in show and the people who love them.
- ES.TV - entertainment news, variety shows, and celebrity profiles.
- Justice Central - reruns of Entertainment Studios' court shows America's Court with Judge Ross, We the People With Gloria Allred, and Justice for All with Judge Cristina Pérez.
Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
On December 3, 2014 a $10 million racial discrimination lawsuit was filed against AT&T and DirecTV by the National Association of African American Owned Media (NAAOM) for allegedly violating the Civil Rights Act of 1866. NAAOM is headed by Entertainment Studios vice-president Mark DeVitre. The lawsuit claims that Entertainment Studio Networks were denied carriage by the two providers on the basis of race. In December 2015, AT&T and DirecTV (now owned by AT&T) caved in and settled the lawsuit. DirecTV began carrying Comedy.TV HD and Justice Central HD on December 28 and AT&T U-verse began carrying Comedy.TV, Recipe.TV, ES.TV, MyDestination.TV, Cars.TV and Pets.TV. UVERSE already carried Justice Central when the lawsuit was filed.
- Entertainers with Byron Allen, ESN's flagship program
- Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Signs Distribution Deal With Vivicast Media, Deadline.com April 9, 2012.
|This article about a television station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|