|Single by Luis Miguel|
|from the album 20 Años|
|Format||Airplay · Promo single|
Sunset Sound Studios (Hollywood, California)
|Songwriter(s)||Juan Carlos Calderón|
|Producer(s)||Juan Carlos Calderón|
|Luis Miguel singles chronology|
"Entrégate" (English: "Surrender to Me") is a pop song written, produced and arranged by Juan Carlos Calderón, and performed by Mexican singer Luis Miguel. It was released as the second single from his Grammy Award nominated studio album 20 Años (1990), and became his fifth number-one single in the Billboard Top Latin Songs chart. The parent album became commercially successful, with sales records throughout Latin America, with six of its singles entered the charts in Mexico simultaneously. After its release, Miguel was recognized as the leading male vocalist in Latin America.
An English-language version of the song, titled "Before the Dawn" was recorded, but as another track from the album 20 Años "Somebody in Your Life" penned by Diane Warren and originally performed by Peabo Bryson on his album Quiet Storm (1986), was released in the United Kingdom with lukewarm results, Miguel decided not to record English versions of his songs again. A bootleg recording can be found in the video-sharing website YouTube, along "Fría Como el Viento".
"Entrégate" was included in the track list for his 20 Años Tour in 1990, in a medley along "Yo Que No Vivo Sin Tí", "Culpable o No (Miénteme Como Siempre)", "Más Allá de Todo", "Fría Como el Viento", "Tengo Todo Excepto a Tí" and "La Incondicional" during his live performances in the National Auditorium in Mexico City. This performance was released on his album El Concierto (1995). In 2005, the song was included on the compilation album Grandes Éxitos.
The song debuted in the Billboard Top Latin Songs chart (formerly Hot Latin Tracks) at number 28 in the week of September 22, 1990, climbing to the top ten four weeks later, peaking at number-one on November 24, 1990, holding this position for one week, replacing "Completamente Enamorados" by Chayanne and being replaced by Lourdes Robles with "Abrázame Fuerte". The song became Miguel's fifth single to peak at the top in this chart, following "Ahora Te Puedes Marchar" (1987), "La Incondicional" and "Fría Como el Viento" (both 1989) and his preceding single "Tengo Todo Excepto a Ti". The song also became a success in Ecuador and Mexico where it peaked at number-one. "Entrégate" has been covered by several performers, including César Flores, Grupo Villanhos, K-Paz de la Sierra, The Latin Stars Orchestra, Gerardo López and Los Students.
Credits and personnel
This information adapted from 20 Años liner notes.
- Juan Carlos Calderón – production, songwriting, arranger
- Bennie Faccone – mixing
- John Robinson – drums, percussion
- Dennis Belfield – bass guitar
- Paul Jackson, Jr. – electric guitar
- Robbie Buchanan – piano
- Luis Miguel 20 Años (Liner Notes) WEA Latina (1990)
- "Luis Miguel — Charts & Awards — Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Luis Miguel Biography". Net Industries. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- Agencia Reforma (2010-04-20). "Luis Miguel mejora su salud y llega a los 40". Mundo Hispánico (in Spanish). Mundo Hispánico. Retrieved 2010-08-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Audios Ineditos De Luis Miguel En Ingles-Alta Calidad De Audio". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "El Concierto — Luis Miguel". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Grandes Exitos — Luis Miguel". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Entrégate — Week of September 22, 1990". Billboard. 1990-09-22. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Entrégate — Week of October 13, 1990". Billboard. 1990-10-13. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Entrégate — Week of November 24, 1990". Billboard. 1990-11-24. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Top Ten Hit Parade". La Revista Otra (in Spanish). Guayaquil, Ecuador: Editorial Umiña de Ecuador (103-110): 63. 1990.
- Arias, Vilo (March 18, 1991). "Primeros Lugares en éxitos musicales" [First places for musical hits]. El Siglo de Torreón (in Spanish). Mexico: Editora de la Laguna. p. 50.
- "Entrégate — Performers". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on August 21, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
Procession and succession
"Completamente Enamorados" by Chayanne
|U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Songs number-one single
November 24, 1990
"Abrázame Fuerte" by Lourdes Robles