Location within Matawinie RCM
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1860|
|• Mayor||Sylvain Breton|
|• Federal riding||Joliette|
|• Prov. riding||Bertrand|
|• Total||56.40 km2 (21.78 sq mi)|
|• Land||48.06 km2 (18.56 sq mi)|
|• Density||18.9/km2 (49/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||4.8%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
The area is part of the geographic township of Wexford, named after a town and county in Ireland, and first settled by Irish colonists circa 1840. In 1860, the Township Municipality of Wexford was established.
In 1967, it was decided to change the name to Entrelacs, meaning "between lakes" in reference to its position between Lakes Patrick and Des Îles. This name had already been used to identify the post office since 1889, but which closed in 1974.
|Historical Census Data - Entrelacs, Quebec|
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 471 (total dwellings: 1015)
- English as first language: 3.7%
- French as first language: 93.2%
- English and French as first language: 0%
- Other as first language: 3.2%
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Commission scolaire des Samares operates French-language public schools:
- École Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci — Saint-Émile (pavillon Saint-Émile)
Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board operates English-language public schools:
- Rawdon Elementary School in Rawdon (serves all of the city)
- Saint Adèle Elementary School in Saint-Adèle (serves a portion)
- Joliette High School in Joliette (serves all of the city)
- "Entrelacs (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- Geographic code 62053 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census - Entrelacs census profile
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-05-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- Statistics Canada 2006 Census - Entrelacs community profile
- "Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci — Saint-Émile (pavillon Saint-Émile)." Commission scolaire des Samares. Retrieved on September 23, 2017.
- "Rawdon Elementary" Zone Map. Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on September 17, 2017.
- "SAINTE ADÈLE ELEMENTARY ZONE." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on September 16, 2017.
- "Joliette High School Zone Sec 1-5." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on September 5, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Entrelacs, Quebec.|