|Company||Entrepreneur Media, Inc.|
|Based in||Irvine, California, U.S.|
Entrepreneur is a North American magazine and website that carries news stories about entrepreneurship, small business management, and business. The magazine was first published in 1977. It is published by Entrepreneur Media Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California. The magazine publishes 12 issues annually, available through subscription and on newsstands. It is published under license internationally in Mexico, Russia, India, Hungary, the Philippines and South Africa and others. Its editor-in-chief is Jason Feifer and its owner is Peter Shea.
In 1987, the magazine launched its website, Entrepreneur.com, which expanded to include features, contests and other publications and spin-offs. As of 2013, the website received more than 6 million unique visitors each month.
Entrepreneur publishes the Entrepreneur StartUps magazine, available through subscription and on newsstands.
In 1999, the website YoungEntrepreneur.com was created as a spin-off of Entrepreneur.com. It is an online forum for young entrepreneurs.
In 2010, Entrepreneur launched the website SecondAct.com, which is targeted towards an older audience. When launched, the site used advertising as its sole source of revenue.
Entrepreneur also publishes books through its Entrepreneur Press division. The company has a backlist of over 200 titles on business and entrepreneurship.
The company has been involved in many lawsuits regarding its trademark on the word 'entrepreneur', suing a wide variety of entities for using the word. The trademark has generally attracted criticism for being on a commonly used word for which there is no substitute, and the aggressiveness with which it is applied has been noted as somewhat ironic; Business Week asked "why would the publisher of Entrepreneur magazine be bullying entrepreneurs?"
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Entrepreneurship Education Chronology". Saint Louis University. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- Todd A. Finkle; David Deeds. "Trends in the Market for Entrepreneurship Faculty, 1989–1998" (PDF). Journal of Business Venturing. 16. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Contact Us." Entrepreneur. Retrieved on December 10, 2009.
- Entrepreneur Magazine Online, South Africa (2012) About us. Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneurmag.co.za/about-us/
- Entrepreneur Media, Inc. (2013) Company Overview Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Entrepreneur. (2013) "About the Franchise 500®". Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/franchise500/about.html
- Entrepreneur Media Kit. (2013) About us. Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/mediakit/about
- PRNewsire (2013, March 25) "Mimvi and Entrepreneur Media Join Forces to Launch App Developer Crowdfunding and Discovery Program, TrepLabs™." [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.cnbc.com/id/100587633
- Entrepreneur. (2013) "Startups Magazine." Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/startups/index.html
- Entrepreneur. (2013) Entrepreneur Digital Edition and Apps. Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/page/217251
- Young Entrepreneur. (2013) "About." Retrieved from http://www.youngentrepreneur.com/about-us/
- Fell, Jason. (2010, January 1) "Entrepreneur Magazine To Take on AARP with New Web Site." Retrieved from http://www.foliomag.com/2010/entrepreneur-magazine-take-aarp-new-web-site
- Entrepreneur (2013) "About Entrepreneur Press." Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/entrepreneurpress/
- Edmonston, Peter. (December 11, 2006). "In Web Traffic Tallies, Intruders Can Say You Visited Them." The New York Times.
- Bryan Wassel (October 30, 2007). "Entrepreneur Media Tangles again with Scott Smith--Another Chapter in a Long Relationship". MIN online.
- Barrett, P. M. (2011, May 19). "Entrepreneur, the magazine that sues entrepreneurs." Business Week.