||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Legal status||501(c)(3) nonprofit organization|
|Owners and founders of businesses with at least US$1,000,000 in revenue|
|more than 10,000|
|Vijay K. Tirathrai|
|Mission||To engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.|
|Young Entrepreneurs' Organization|
Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global non-profit organization, whose stated mission is to "Engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow." EO was formerly known as Young Entrepreneurs' Organization (YEO). The organization was founded in 1987.
In 1987, 22 young entrepreneurs created an organization whose goal was stated to be "to provide learning and networking opportunities for its members". The Young Entrepreneurs' Organization (YEO) expanded throughout the United States and Canada. Within a few years, membership grew to include chapters in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. In 1996, YEO helped create the World Entrepreneurs’ Organization (WEO), which served as an alumni organization for YEO members who, after the age of 40, wanted to continue their involvement in an entrepreneurial membership organization. In 2005, YEO and WEO merged to form the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) as it is known today.
Verne Harnish is the founder of the Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization and recruited 22 entrepreneurs as founding board members to initially fund the start-up of the organization. Kevin Harrigton, of Shark Tank fame, was one of the founding board members, in addition to Alfred F. Gerriets, II. recognized 30 years ago as an aspiring entrepreneur in the book "The Dynamos". who still thinks outside the box. 
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is an awards program for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students who own and operate a business. EO GSEA operates as an international series of competitions for student entrepreneurs who are attending a recognized high school, college or university, who own a for-profit business, are principally responsible for its operation and have been generating revenue for a minimum of six consecutive months.
The organization's Inventory of Skills program enables members to confer with one-another to obtain information about business matters and to solve various business problems.
Global Entrepreneur Indicator
The Global Entrepreneur Indicator (GEI) began in 2010 as a semi-annual survey of the membership of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization. The Global Entrepreneur Indicator surveys a globally representative sample of entrepreneurs to predict economic trends in a number of areas, including job creation, profits and debt loads, economic forecasting, and the business environment. In 2012, the GEI found that approximately 60% of businesses experienced a net profit, while 59% increased their employee headcount.
- "Form 990: Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax". Entrepreneurs' Organization. Guidestar. June 30, 2014.
- "Leadership". Entrepreneurs' Organization. Accessed on April 26, 2016.
- "Where the young and rich gather". New Straits Times. 4 October 2000.
- "Young Entrepreneurs' Organization (YEO)". Inc.. Accessed April 2016.
- "About EO -- EO Timeline". Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Alfred Gerriets".
- "Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) Event". Florida Atlantic University. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "GSEA – Global Student Entrepreneur Awards".
- Eonetwork.org Archived July 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Brian Lischer (23 November 2016); ‘’The Art and Science of Customer Interviews’’, The Huffington Post
- "EO Global Entrepreneur Indicator — About — Entrepreneurs' Organization".
- Globalentrepreneurindicator.com Archived June 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Oh, to Be So Young, Ambitious and Really Really Rich. Los Angeles Times.
- Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Toledo Blade
- Startup Communities. John Wiley & Sons. pp. pt87–90.
- The Sleeping Giant. pp. pt180–. (subscription required).
- From Here to the Streets: 2012 Revised Edition. p. 205.
- "Entrepreneurs' Organization Celebrates 25th Year Anniversary". Anadolu Agency. (subscription required)
- "Strength in numbers". Inside Business. (subscription required)
- "Executive Founds Young Entrepreneurs Organization in South Florida". Miami Herald. (subscription required)