Environmental Audit Select Committee
The Environmental Audit Select Committee is a select committee of the House of Commons in the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The remit of the committee is to examine how government departments' policies and programmes will affect both the environment and sustainable development.
As of 6 October 2022, these are the members of the Environmental Audit Select Committee:
- ^ Suspended from Labour Party
The chair was elected on 12 July 2017, with the members of the committee being announced on 11 September 2017.
|Mary Creagh MP (Chair)||Labour||Wakefield|
|Dr Thérèse Coffey MP||Conservative||Suffolk Coastal|
|Geraint Davies MP||Labour (Co-op)||Swansea West|
|Zac Goldsmith MP||Conservative||Richmond Park|
|Caroline Lucas MP||Green||Brighton Pavilion|
|Kerry McCarthy MP||Labour||Bristol East|
|Anna McMorrin MP||Labour||Cardiff North|
|John McNally MP||SNP||Falkirk|
|Dr Matthew Offord MP||Conservative||Hendon|
|Dr Dan Poulter MP||Conservative||Central Suffolk and North Ipswich|
|Joan Ryan MP||Labour||Enfield North|
|Alex Sobel MP||Labour and Co-op||Leeds North West|
|4 December 2017||Vacant||→||Glyn Davies MP (Conservative)||Montgomeryshire||Hansard|
|Colin Clark MP (Conservative)||Gordon|
|22 January 2018||Vacant||→||Robert Goodwill MP (Conservative)||Scarborough and Whitby||Hansard|
|Philip Dunne MP (Conservative)||Ludlow|
|4 June 2018||Glyn Davies MP (Conservative)||Montgomeryshire||→||James Gray MP (Conservative)||North Wiltshire||Hansard|
|25 February 2019||Joan Ryan MP (TIG)||Enfield North||→||Alex Cunningham MP (Labour)||Stockton North||Hansard|
|8 May 2019||Alex Cunningham MP (Labour)||Stockton North||→||Ruth Jones MP (Labour)||Newport West||Hansard|
|13 May 2019||Colin Clark MP (Conservative)||Gordon||→||Derek Thomas MP (Conservative)||St Ives||Hansard|
|15 July 2019||Dr Dan Poulter MP (Conservative)||Central Suffolk and North Ipswich||→||Jeremy Lefroy MP (Conservative)||Stafford||Hansard|
The chair was elected on 18 June 2015, with members being announced on 20 July 2015.
Occasionally, the House of Commons orders changes to be made in terms of membership of select committees, as proposed by the Committee of Selection. Such changes are shown below.
- ^ "Environmental Audit Select Committee". Archived from the original on 16 May 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2007.
- ^ "Membership - Environmental Audit Committee". UK Parliament. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- ^ "Speaker's Statement: Select Committee Chairs". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Vol. 627. Parliament of the United Kingdom: House of Commons. 12 July 2017.
- ^ "Business without Debate". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Vol. 628. Parliament of the United Kingdom: House of Commons. 11 September 2017.
- ^ "Speaker's Statement". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Vol. 597. Parliament of the United Kingdom: House of Commons. 18 June 2015.
- ^ "Committees". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). Vol. 598. Parliament of the United Kingdom: House of Commons. 20 July 2015.
- ^ Mason, Rowena; Topham, Gwyn (26 October 2016). "Zac Goldsmith quits as MP over 'doomed' Heathrow expansion decision". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 March 2023.
- Records for this Committee are held at the Parliamentary Archives
- Environmental Audit Select Committee home page