Environmental Integrity Group
The Environmental Integrity Group was initiated by Switzerland during the negotiations of the Kyoto Protocol, where only party groups were allowed to negotiate. Switzerland was not part of any group and they did not want to join the Umbrella Group. So Switzerland declared to form the EIG and invited other independent parties to join.
- 2016 on matters of the Global Stock Take (GST)
- 2000 Switzerland (founding member)
- 2000 South Korea (founding member)
- 2000 Mexico (founding member)
- 20?? Liechtenstein
- 20?? Monaco
- 2017 Georgia
Literature and References
- Yamin & Depledge: The International Climate Change Regime, 2004, Cambridge, p.47, ISBN 9780521840897, Link.
- "Meet the unlikely climate allies bridging divides in UN talks". climatechangenews.com. 20 January 2015.
- bafu.admin.ch - EIG Submission GST (pdf)
- "Party Groupings". United Nationals Climate Change. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|