Tetsuya Fukagawa of Envy, performing in Hong Kong, 2011
|Genres||Post-rock, post-hardcore, hardcore punk, screamo|
|Labels||Temporary Residence Limited, Rock Action Records, Level Plane Records|
|Associated acts||Thursday, Jesu, This Machine Kills, Yaphet Kotto, Endavor,|
|Past members||Tetsuya Fukagawa|
Envy is a Japanese screamo band formed in Tokyo in 1992. They are signed to Rock Action Records in Europe and Temporary Residence Limited in North America, though originally they worked with Level Plane Records. Initially influential in the post-hardcore and screamo scenes, Envy has grown to include elements of post-rock in their work as well.
Original member and vocalist Tetsuya Fukagawa left Envy in 2016, and the remaining members of the band have yet to release information about a possible replacement for Fukagawa.
- Nobukata Kawai — guitar
- Masahiro Tobita — guitar
- Manabu Nakagawa — bass
- Dairoku Seki — drums
- Tetsuya Fukagawa — vocals, programming (1992–2016)
- From Here to Eternity LP/CD (H.G. Fact) (1998)
- All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead LP/CD (H.G. Fact/Molaire Industries/Dim Mak/Rock Action) (2001)
- A Dead Sinking Story CD/2xLP (Sonzai/Level Plane/Nova Recordings/Rock Action) (2003)
- Insomniac Doze LP/CD (Sonzai) (2006)
- Recitation LP/CD (Sonzai/Temporary Residence Limited/Rock Action) (2010)
- Atheist's Cornea LP/CD (Sonzai/Temporary Residence Limited) (2015)
- Breathing And Dying In This Place CD (H.G. Fact) (1996)
- Angel's Curse Whispered In The Edge Of Despair LP/CD (H.G. Fact) (1999)
- The Eyes Of Single Eared Prophet CD (H.G. Fact) (2000)
- Burning Out Memories 10" (Molaire Industries) (2000)
- Abyssal EP/CD (Sonzai) (2007)
- Split 7" with Sixpence (H.G. Fact) (1997)
- Split 7" with Endeavor (H.G. Fact) (1997)
- Split 7" with This Machine Kills (H.G. Fact) (2000)
- Split CD with Iscariote (Waiting for an Angel/Sonzai/Level Plane; 10" released by Pure Pain Sugar/Code Of Ethics) (2002)
- Split CD with Yaphet Kotto and This Machine Kills (Sonzai) (2003)
- "Envy / Jesu" LP/CD (Daymare Recordings) (2008)
- "Thursday / Envy" LP/CD (Temporary Residence Limited) (2008)
- Eyes Of Final Proof (H.G. Fact) (2000)
- Last Wish (H.G. Fact) (2001)
- "As Serenity Calls Your Name" (Sonzai) (2011)
- Transfovista DVD (Sonzai) (2007)
- Far East Hardcore Comp LP/CD (Got's Pop/Slam Records)
- Platform Comp 7" (Never Shown Face)
- No Fate Comp CD (H.G. Fact)
- For Ugly For Beautiful Vol. 3 Comp CD (Lunch Service Records)
- Lucky Thirteen Comp LP (Nova Recordings)
- Compiled Fragments 1997-2003 CD (Sonzai/Temporary Residence Limited) (2005)
- Destroy Independent Music! (2006–2007, Temporary Residence Limited) sampler
- Invariable Will, Recurring Ebbs and Flows 14 LPs + DVD (Temporary Residence Limited) (2013)
- True, Chris. "Envy". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Baron, Zach (2006-10-18). "Envy: Insomniac Doze | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- Envy - Insomniac Dose review by Pitchfork Media
- Cohen, Ian (December 30, 2014). "The Year In Post-Hardcore: Has the New Wave Crested?". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
...with the exception of Envy, Pianos Become the Teeth were the one screamo band it was OK to like.
- Punknews.org | Envy - Reissues