Enyce ([en-ee-che]) is an American hip hop fashion label owned by Sean Diddy Combs. The label was established in New York City in March 1996 by Evan Davis, Lando Felix, and Tony Shellman. The three co-founders had originally met while working for Seattle-based clothing brand International News. Liz Claiborne acquired the company in February 2004 for $114 million from Sports Brands International. In October 2008 Enyce was purchased by Sean Combs and the Sean John Enterprise for $20 million. The pronunciation of the brand has been confused by many over the years. The origins of the pronunciation is from the phonetic spelling of "NYC" (en-y-ce) sounded out in an Italian manner. This was because the company started under Fila, an Italian-based company. Employees asked how they would pronounce the word replied "en-ne-che". It is the "correct" way to say the brand.
- Lady Enyce
- Lady Enyce Spring 2003, JCReport
- ENYCE Clothing Company - Official Website Archived 2007-07-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Liz Claiborne Inc Archived 2006-10-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Enyce Clothing Information: Mens Enyce Clothing, Lady Enyce Clothing, and Enyce Retailers
- Liz Claiborne acquires urban sportswear brand Enyce - Newsbytes - Brief Article | Black Enterprise | Find Articles at BNET.com
|This article about a fashion brand, house, corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|