Vincenzo Leonardo Cilenti|
8 August 1974
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
Sienna Guillory (m. 2002)
Vincenzo Leonardo "Enzo" Cilenti (born 8 August 1974) is an English actor, known for his roles in works such as The Theory of Everything, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, and Game of Thrones.
Cilenti was born in Bradford, to Italian parents from Benevento. He worked with his girlfriend, actress Sienna Guillory, in the 2001 film Late Night Shopping. The two were married in 2002, and they have continued to appear together in various works. In February 2011 Guillory gave birth to their twin daughters, Valentina and Lucia, named after Guillory's grandmother and great aunt, who were also twin sisters.
After attending Bradford Grammar School, a degree in French and Spanish at the University of Nottingham followed and led to him working as a night porter and a bodyguard on the Cote D'Azur and in Mexico City respectively.
He completed a one-year postgraduate course in acting at Drama Studio London, after which he worked at The Duffer of St. George.
His first professional acting role came in Trial & Retribution, which led to the role of Grant in the world premiere of Liz Lochhead's Perfect Days at The Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh. Here he was spotted by Wendy Brazington who was casting Michael Winterbottom's Wonderland which at the time had the working title Snarl Up. He played graphic artist Peter Saville on his second collaboration with Winterbottom, the Palme d'Or-nominated 24 Hour Party People.
He has appeared in plays both on and off the West End, notably lead roles in Neil LaBute's The Shape of Things at The New Ambassadors Theatre, and the European premiere of the Pulitzer prize-winning play Anna in the Tropics at the Hampstead Theatre.
He also performed at The Royal Court in a series of plays written and directed by Russian artists entirely in Russian; in Thai ballet as Orpheus in Backpacker Orpheus, a play devised entirely from people's experiences in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake; and in conceptual theatre for new-writing company Paines Plough in a series of shows (including a one-man show) commissioned over a number of seasons by Miuccia Prada to showcase collections for her Miu Miu line at Milan Fashion Week.
Cilenti also directed a short film called Getalife, and in 2015 produced, wrote and appeared in his first feature-length movie The Wicked Within.
His first novel, Mediterranean Homesick Blues, co-written with Ben Chatfield, was published in 2012.
He lives in London and Los Angeles.
- Wonderland (1999)
- Late Night Shopping (2001)
- 24 Hour Party People (2002)
- Spooks 2003
- Millions (2004)
- Colour Me Kubrick: A True... ish Story (2005)
- The Virgin Queen (2005)
- Rome (2005) as Evander Pulchio
- Rabbit Fever (2006)
- Next (2007)
- In the Loop (2009)
- Nine (2009)
- The Fourth Kind (2009)
- Lie to Me (2009)
- The Rum Diary (2011)
- House (2012)
- The Wicked Within (2013)
- Supercollider (2013)
- Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
- Prisoners' Wives (2013)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- The Theory of Everything (2014) as Kip Thorne
- Wolf Hall (2015)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (2015) as Childermass
- Game of Thrones (2015-2016) as Yezzan zo Qaggaz, 4 episodes
- Jekyll and Hyde (2015) as Captain Dance
- High-Rise (2015)
- The Martian (2015)
- The Man Who Knew Infinity (2015) as Doctor
- Free Fire (2016)
- The Man with the Iron Heart (2016)
- Grantchester (2016) Christmas special as Felix Davis
- The Last Tycoon (2016-2017)
- "TV Review: NCIS – "Sharif Returns"". blogcritics.org. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "The Wicked Within (Review) | INFLUX Magazine". influxmagazine.com. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "An Interview with Enzo Cilenti". fohnhouse.blogspot.ca. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "'Guardians of Galaxy' casts Enzo Cilenti". digitalspy.com. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Tunzelmann, Alex von (7 January 2015). "The Theory of Everything skips over the black holes of marriage and science". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Game of Thrones season five cast announced at Comic Con!". Watchers on the Wall. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Debnath, Neela (26 May 2015). "Game of Thrones actor Enzo Cilenti says his Yezzan is a 'very different take' from books". express.co.uk. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell: About the Show". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Meet the man behind Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell's Childermass: Enzo Cilenti". radiotimes.com. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Petski, Denise (2015-12-16). "Mark O'Brien & Enzo Cilenti Join 'The Last Tycoon'; Kalia Prescott In 'Imaginary Friend' Pilot". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- The Last Tycoon (TV Series 2016– ), retrieved 2017-08-08