Eoin Brosnan at work
|Irish name||Eoin Ó Brosnacháin|
|Position||Left Half Forward|
|Born||Killarney, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
Eoin Brosnan is an Irish Gaelic football player who plays at centre forward. He is a former member of the Kerry senior county team and plays his club football for Dr Crokes. He is particularly renowned for his goal-scoring ability. He is a qualified solicitor, and works in his father Niall's practice in Killarney.
Brosnan made his Kerry Senior debut against Louth in 2000. He has won the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship title with Kerry on three occasions - 2004, 2006 and 2007. The 2004 and 2006 finals were played against Mayo, while the 2007 final was against Cork. In the 2006 tie, Brosnan came on as a substitute in place of Tomás Ó Sé against Mayo and scored 1-01. In the 2007 game he scored one point and set up another, but it was his defensive qualities that shone through as he kept his opposite number, the previously influential Noel O'Leary, very quiet and had two impressive block-downs. In 2008, Kerry again reached the All-Ireland final, but lost to Tyrone, and there was some criticism of the decision to select Brosnan. He has also won two National League titles (2004 and 2006) and five Munster Championship medals (2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2013) with Kerry. Brosnan retired from Inter-county football in December 2013.
In 2000 Brosnan won a Kerry Senior Football Championship medal with Dr. Crokes. In 2006, Brosnan and Dr. Crokes were defeated in the Kerry Senior Football Championship final by South Kerry. However, Crokes qualified to represent the county in the 2006 Munster Senior Club Football Championship because South Kerry are a divisional side and not a club. They won the competition. Brosnan scored a vital goal in the replayed All-Ireland semi-final. The team went on to reach All-Ireland Senior Club Football Championship final, but lost to Crossmaglen Rangers after a replay.
- "cul4kidz profile on Brosnan". Cul4kidz website. Archived from the original on 7 May 2009. Retrieved 20 March 2009.
- Keys, Colm (17 October 2008). "Kingdom law of the jungle". Irish Independent.
- "History-maker Brosnan calls time on his Kingdom days". Irish Independent. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Kerry's Eoin Brosnan announces his inter-county football retirement". The Score. 2 December 2013. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Drama as Cross win fourth title". BBC Sport Online. 1 April 2007. Retrieved 20 March 2009.