|Studio album by |
Pepper Adams Quartet
|Recorded||September 10, 1973|
|Studio||EMI Studios, Manchester Square, London, England|
|Pepper Adams chronology|
The following review is a Typo by someone! This refers to an LP Pepper did of all Mimgus’ tunes. None of the tunes on Ephemera are Mingus tunes!
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states "This is one of those must-own recordings for fans of Adams; but it is also for those who revere Mingus' work, because, as radical as some of these interpretations are, they were not only sanctioned by, but delighted in by the composer".
All compositions by Pepper Adams except where noted.
- "Ephemera" – 7:15
- "Bouncing with Bud" (Bud Powell) – 10:55
- "Civilization and Its Discontents" – 6:11
- "Jitterbug Waltz" (Fats Waller) – 6:17
- "Quiet Lady" (Thad Jones) – 9:23
- "Patrice" – 6:09
- "Hellure (How Are You're)" – 4:56
- Pepper Adams discography accessed February 22, 2017
- Pepper Adams catalog accessed February 22, 2017
- Encilopedia del Jazz: Pepper Adams accessed May 10, 2017
- Yanow, Scott. Pepper Adams Epemera – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 4. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.