Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
|Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center|
217 S. Third StreetDanville, Kentucky, United States
|Emergency department||Level III Trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Kentucky|
EMRMC took its name from Ephraim McDowell, a ground-breaking local physician who performed the first ovariotomy in the United States in 1809.
Following Dr. McDowell's successful surgery, Danville became home to a number of physicians. This led to the formation of a community hospital in 1887. Through the years, the hospital expanded often. It marked its centennial in 1987 by changing its name to Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center.
According to its IRS Form 990, in Fiscal Year 2007 EMRMC had assets of $110,438,710, income of $105,401,634, and revenue of $105,286,175.
Thomson Reuters named EMRMC among its top 100 Performance Improvement Leaders. About 3,000 hospitals across the country were evaluated on analysis of data provided from public sources such as Medicaid and Medicare from a five-year period between 2001 and 2005.
Available services include:
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care Center
- Cancer Care-Central Kentucky Cancer Program (CKCP)
- Cardiac Care Services
- Critical Care
- Diabetes and Endocrinology Center
- Diagnostic Services
- Emergency Care
- Kids Can Do Pediatric Therapy Center
- Laboratory Services
- Medical/Surgical Services
- Nearly 100 Physicians Offering 29 Specialties
- Orthopedic Care
- Pastoral Care
- Pain Management Center
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Skilled Nursing Care Unit
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Surgical Services
- Vascular Services
- Volunteer Opportunities/Auxiliary
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Healing Center
The following aspects of EMRMC have been accredited by recognized authorities:
- EMRMC -- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- Cardiovascular Laboratory -- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- Clinical Laboratory Services -- College of American Pathologists.
- Diabetes Management -- American Diabetes Association.
- Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing—Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories.
- Mobile Mammography Unit -- American College of Radiology and U.S. Food and Drug Administration under the Mammography Quality Standards Act.
- Pain Management Center—American Academy of Pain Management.
- Peripheral Arterial Testing—Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories.
- Peripheral Venous Testing—Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories.
- Sleep Disorders Center -- American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Either directly or through its parent organization, Ephraim McDowell Health, EMRMC is related to the following:
- A Children's Place is a children's daycare center located in Danville.
- Air Evac Lifeteam, an air-medical service operates from Stuart Powell Field in Danville.
- Central Kentucky Surgery Center provides outpatient surgery.
- Family Medical Centers comprise six health care facilities in Boyle and five other counties that offer family medical care and diagnostic services.
- Fort Logan Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Stanford, Kentucky.
- McDowell Place is an independent and assisted living community in Danville.
- McDowell Wellness Center provides machines and swimming facilities to enhance fitness.
- MedSource provides home medical equipment and medical supplies for home use.
- Spine Center of Central Kentucky provides care and treatment of spine diseases and disorders.
- "Ephraim McDowell's emergency department achieves level III trauma status". The Advocate Messenger. 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Ephraim McDowell Health - A Provider Profile" (PDF). HFMA Kentucky Chapter Financial Scene. December 2004. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Profile". ActiveCause. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- Kleffman, Todd (2007-10-10). "Ephraim McDowell named one of the top hospitals in the country". The Advocate Messenger. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "EMRMC Services". EMRMC. Archived from the original on February 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Accreditation". US News and World Report. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center's Cardiovascular Laboratory receives accreditation". Press release. EMRMC. 2004-09-15. Archived from the original on October 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Accredited Laboratories". College of American Pathologists. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Diabetes and Endocrinology Center". Patient service descriptions. EMRMC. Retrieved 2008-09-19.[dead link]
- "Accredited Laboratories". Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Mobile Mammography Service". Patient service descriptions. EMRMC. Archived from the original on May 13, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Pain Program Accreditation - Ephraim McDowell Reg Med Ctr PMC". American Academy of Pain Management. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Sleep Disorders Center of EMRMC". American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Boyle County lands medical helicopter service". The Advocate Messenger. 2008-07-11. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Curd, Bobbie (2007-10-05). "Surgery center will open next month in Danville's old Gilcher building". The Advocate Messenger. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Brock, Herb (2008-08-03). "Spine center to open soon in Danville". The Advocate Messenger. Retrieved 2008-09-28.