|Founded||Kiev, Ukraine (2003)|
|Headquarters||11 Bratyslavska Street
Kiev, Ukraine 02139
Oleksandr and Halyna Hereha (owners)
|Products||gardening, metal/wood, plumbing, tools, decor, flooring, electronics, construction materials|
EpiCentre K (Ukrainian: Епіцентр К) is a national chain of stores in Ukraine that specializes in home improvement and gardening. The company is one of the first in the nation to introduce a chain of home improvement stores and has attained a great deal of success in expending throughout Ukraine in short period of time.
The company was the first in Ukraine to come up with the whole sale stores in Ukraine. Currently EpiCentre K is very similar to many stores in United States such as Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, former Builders Square (now, online retailer) etc. In 2008 the company became the title sponsor of the Ukrainian Premier League in football. The company has an impressive run of store constructions throughout Ukraine. In spite of the economical crisis of 2008–2009 the company continued to grow, offering new work places.
The company was established on 6 December 2003. The first store was built in Kiev on the Bratyslavska street. In 2005 two more stores were built in Kiev, one of them is one of the biggest in Europe with the area of 42,000 m2 (in 2008).
Next year the first three stores were built outside Kiev: Lviv, Poltava, and Odessa. In 2007 eight stores were built nationwide including one in Kryvyi Rih. As of 2008 there were 16 stores built with eight more in projection. On May 2009 its web-site contains link to already 22 different stores nationwide. There is a projection of at least seven more that are in construction with Kremenchuk being the second city after Kryvyi Rih which is not an Oblast seat.
On 11 December 2009 the company opened its biggest store in Ukraine, located on the Kiev Ring. With the total area of 56,000 sqm, the store is the largest of its kind in Ukraine as well as in Europe.
Each store has a big overflow and free parking. In each store you can find also a cafe and a bank. The company offers a possibility of custom design on a wide selection of its products as well as a delivery and an express delivery.
The company also helps with the construction of the Kievan Spiritual Academy and participates in a wide variety of sponsorship throughout the country: Gert Goff show commemorated to 750-year anniversary of Lviv, jubilee concerts of Pavlo Zibrov and Valentyna Stepova, and many others.
The company carries unlimited collection of awards such as "The Brand of the Year" (2008).
- La Nuit (maison du textile)
- Klever (garden tools)
- Ahura ceramic and porcelain
- Information from the Infoportal of Horodok District (Khmelnytskyi Region)
- map of store locations (Ukrainian)
- Saluga, Tatyana (11 December 2009). "A Flagman of World DIY Market Opens in Kiev". Fakty (in Russian). Kiev. Retrieved 12 December 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "EpiCentre Will Open the Largest DIY Hypermarket in Europe by December 12th" (in Russian). malls (courtesy to Interfax). Retrieved 12 December 2009.
- EpiCentre K homepage (Ukrainian)
- EpiCentre K Sports Club (Ukrainian)
- The article of T. Sagula when company received "The Brand of the Year" award – Newspaper Fakty (Russian)
- Build the house of your dreams with the EpiCentre – Newspaper Vecherniy Nikolaev (Russian)
- The article of L. Ivanova about opening new store in Kryvyi Rih – Newspaper Domashniaya Gazeta (Russian)
- Location of the first store K1 at wikimapia.org
|This article about a retailer in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|