|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Epic Pinball is a 1993 pinball video game developed by James Schmalz and published by Epic MegaGames. The initial release pre-dated Schmalz' Digital Extremes name. The game is played seen from a 2D top-down view within a scrollable window with plain raster graphics in 320x200. It was noted for being programmed entirely in x86 assembly language  for MS-DOS systems.
The game was originally distributed on floppy disks in 3 separate packs of 4 tables each. The original shareware version (and an early retail version) included only the original "Android" table. Later shareware versions and retail versions contained an updated version called "Super Android" (although it's still referred to as "Android" in the game, the table was changed to say "Super Android")
|Pack 1:||Pack 2:||Pack 3:|
 Designed by Terry Cumming.
 A tribute to Epic's earlier game Jill of the Jungle.
 Designed by Joe Hitchens.
 This and the following table were designed and illustrated by Pixel of Future Crew.
Another table, "African Safari", was included in the "Full Edition" (the CD-ROM version), in addition to the tables from the three packs above.
In 1995, all three packs plus the exclusive "African Safari" were released on CD.
In 2011, the game was partially re-made by Fuse Powered Inc. for Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad platforms. The game, re-titled as "Retro Pinball", features updated versions of the Super Android, Crash and Burn and Pangaea tables.
- "Company: History of Digital Extremes". Digital Extremes. Archived from the original on 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Retro Pinball". Fuse Powered Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2011-06-27.
- "Epic MegaGames 1995 Catalog - Epic Pinball". Epic MegaGames. September 1995: 7. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Epic Pinball at MobyGames
- List of past games from Digital Extremes
- Epic Pinball can be played for free in the browser at the Internet Archive
|This pinball-based video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|