||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Joseph L. Cowan, President, CEO|
|Products||ERP, Retail Software|
|Revenue||Over US$0.9 billion FY 2016|
Number of employees
Epicor Software Corporation is a Global Business Software company based in Austin, TX and was founded in 1972. Its products are aimed at the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries.
Epicor provides enterprise resource planning (ERP). Epicor also provides customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) software to business customers in both Software as a Service (SaaS) and On-Premises deployment models.
Incorporated in 1972 as Triad Systems Corporation, the company was renamed Activant Solutions Inc. in 2003, and continued to grow through acquisition. In May 2011, the company was purchased by Apax Partners and merged with Epicor Software Corporation, retaining the Epicor name as a privately held company. Epicor was founded in 1984 under the name Platinum Software Corporation, and launched the first financial accounting software product designed for multi-user LAN-based environments. Epicor acquired Clientele in 1997, and FocusSoft, an extension to Platinum's existing distribution solution. After a year, Platinum merged with DataWorks to extend its’ manufacturing solutions and operations. In 1999, Platinum becomes Epicor Software Corporation.
Epicor for Service Enterprises, which automated enterprise services and was completely web-based, was released in 2003. The company acquired CompuNet to expand hospitality solutions; TDC solutions for supply chain execution applications; and, ROI Systems to further extend manufacturing capabilities. With the acquisition of Scala business solutions in 2004, this increased the company's global presence and integrated ERP offerings. In 2005, Epicor purchased CRS Retail to provide a comprehensive retail suite then acquired NSB in 2007 to expand retail offerings. In late 2010, Epicor purchased privately held SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation to further deliver service from a single-point of accountability.
2011 to present
In 2011, Apax Partners purchased both Activant and Epicor and merged the organizations together. Pervez Qureshi, prior CEO of Activant, became CEO of the new Epicor in May, 2011. In October 2012, Epicor acquired Solarsoft Business Systems, established in 2007 from the merger of CMS Software Inc. of Toronto and XKO Software Ltd from the UK. Before the acquisition, Solarsoft acquired Progressive Solutions in June 2012. On October 7, 2013, Epicor appointed Joseph L. Cowan as President and CEO. In October 2014, Epicor announces its acquisition of privately held QuantiSense, Inc., a provider of cloud and on-premises retail analytics software and services for leading specialty and department store chains.
On January 6, 2015, Epicor completes acquisition of privately held ShopVisible, LLC.
On 5 July 2016, Epicor announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by the global investment firm KKR. The acquisition by KKR was finalized on September 1, 2016. Joseph L. Cowan remained president and CEO of Epicor after the acquisition.
- Clientele (1997)
- CompuNet (2003)
- Scala (2004)
- CRS Retail (2005)
- NSB (2007), incorporating since 2001 STS Systems
- SPECTRUM (2010)
- Solarsoft Business Systems (2012)
- QuantiSense (2014)
- ShopVisible, LLC (2015)
- docSTAR (2017) 
- "Platinum Software Becomes Epicor". articles.latimes.com/.
- "Definition of: DataWorks.". pcmag.com. Epicor.
- "Platinum Software Becomes Epicor". articles.latimes.com. Epicor.
- "Epicor Commences Public Offer for All Shares of Scala Business Solutions". sec.gov.
- "Epicor Buys CRS Retail Systems For $121M". socaltech.com. Epicor.
- "Epicor NSB Buy to Further Consolidate Retail Software Midmarket". gartner.com. Epicor.
- "Epicor® to Acquire Spectrum Human Resource Systems Corporation". hr.com. Epicor.
- "Apax Partners To Merge Epicor, Activant". informationweek.com. Epicor.
- "Epicor Completes Acquisition of Solarsoft Business Systems; Reports Preliminary Fiscal 2012 Financial Results". yahoo.com. Epicor.
- "Solarsoft Acquires Progressive Solutions". prosalesmagazine.com. Epicor.
- "Joseph L. Cowan Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Epicor Software Corporation". epicor.com. Epicor.
- "Epicor Acquires QuantiSense, Extends BI and Analytics Offering". risnews.edgl.com.
- "Epicor Acquires ShopVisible". accountingtoday.com. Epicor.
- "Newly Independent Company Aptos Launches New Brand, Readies Retailers to Engage Customers Differently" (Press release). Aptor (formerly Epicor Retail). 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Epic Transformation: Epicor Retail Becomes Aptos". RIS News. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Epicor Growth Strategy Affirmed by Acquisition by Leading Global Investment Firm KKR" (Press release). Epicor Software. 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Epicor Announces Close of KKR Acquisition and Executive Leadership Appointments to Accelerate Growth Strategy" (Press release). Epicor Software. 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.