|Joseph L. Cowan, President, CEO|
|Products||ERP, Retail Software|
|Revenue||Over $960 million USD FY 2013|
Number of employees
Epicor Software Corporation is a business software company based in Austin, TX and was founded in 1972. The company markets business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries.
Epicor provides enterprise resource planning (ERP) such as “Epicor ERP” “Epicor Retail Suite” “Epicor HCM” and “Prophet 21,” customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) software to business customers in both Software as a Service (SaaS) and On-Premises deployment models.
Incorporated in 1972 as Triad Systems Corporation, the company was renamed Activant Solutions Inc. in 2003, and continued to grow through acquisition. In May 2011, the company was purchased by Apax Partners and merged with Epicor Software Corporation, retaining the Epicor name as a privately held company. Epicor was founded in 1984 under the name Platinum Software Corporation, and launched the first financial accounting software product designed for multi-user LAN based environments. Epicor acquired Clientele in 1997, an award-winning CRM solution, and FocusSoft, an extension to Platinum’s existing distribution solution. After a year, Platinum merged with DataWorks to extend its manufacturing solutions and operations.
In 1999, Platinum becomes Epicor Software Corporation. The change in name reflected size of the company, breadth of solutions and role that solution played in an organization.
Delivered industry’s first completely Web services-based enterprise service automation solution, Epicor for Service Enterprises in 2003. The company acquired CompuNet to expand hospitality solutions; TDC solutions for supply chain execution applications; and, ROI Systems to further extend manufacturing capabilities 
With the acquisition of Scala Business Solutions N.V. in 2004, this increased the company’s global presence and integrated ERP offerings.
In late 2010, Epicor purchased privately held SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation to further deliver service from a single-point of accountability.
2011 to present
In 2011, Apax Partners purchased both Activant and Epicor and merged the organizations together. Pervez Qureshi, prior CEO of Activant, became CEO of the new Epicor in May, 2011.
In October 2012, Epicor acquired Solarsoft Business Systems, established in 2007 from the merger of CMS Software Inc. of Toronto and XKO Software Ltd from the UK. Before the acquisition, Solarsoft acquired Progressive Solutions in June 2012. On October 7, 2013, Epicor appointed Joseph L. Cowan as President and CEO.
In October 2014, Epicor announces its acquisition of privately held QuantiSense, Inc., a provider of cloud and on-premises retail analytics software and services for leading specialty and department store chains.
On January 6, 2015, Epicor completes acquisition of privately held ShopVisible, LLC, a dynamic provider of proven cloud retail order management and digital commerce solutions.
- "Epicor Announces Corporate Office Relocation" (PDF). Epicor. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Irvine computer firm buys Focus Soft Inc. for $27 million in stock". BizJournals. 1997. Retrieved November 10, 1997. Check date values in:
- "Definition of:DataWorks". PC Mag. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- "Platinum Software Becomes Epicor". LA Times. Retrieved May 4, 1999. Check date values in:
- "MEMBER SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW WITH 2004 CEO OF THE YEAR, GEORGE KLAUS". Software Council.
- "JOINT PRESS RELEASE BY EPICOR SOFTWARE CORPORATION AND SCALA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS". SEC. Retrieved May 12, 2004.
- "Epicor Buys CRS Retail Systems For $121M". Socaltech.com. Retrieved December 7, 2005.
- "Epicor NSB Buy to Further Consolidate Retail Software Midmarket". Gartner.com. Retrieved December 21, 2007.
- "Epicor® to Acquire Spectrum Human Resource Systems Corporation". HR.com. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "Apax Partners To Merge Epicor, Activant". Information Week. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Epicor Completes Acquisition of Solarsoft Business Systems; Reports Preliminary Fiscal 2012 Financial Results". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Solarsoft Acquires Progressive Solutions". ProSales Magazine. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- "Joseph L. Cowan Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Epicor Software Corporation" (PDF). Epicor. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- "Epicor Acquires QuantiSense, Extends BI and Analytics Offering". Retail Info Systems News. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Epicor Acquires ShopVisibile". Accounting Today. Retrieved January 6, 2015.