|, ALGV3072, EPG, PRO9904, epithelial mitogen|
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the epidermal growth factor family. Members of this family are ligands for the epidermal growth factor receptor and play a role in cell survival, proliferation and migration. This protein has been reported to have high mitogenic activity but low affinity for its receptor. Expression of this transcript and protein have been reported in cancer specimens of the breast, bladder, and prostate.
- GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000182585 - Ensembl, May 2017
- GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000035020 - Ensembl, May 2017
- "Human PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Entrez Gene: Epithelial mitogen".
- Schneider MR, Yarden Y (2014). "Structure and function of epigen, the last EGFR ligand". Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 28: 57–61. doi:10.1016/j.semcdb.2013.12.011. PMC 4037347. PMID 24374012.