|Industry||Computer Hardware, Imaging|
|Founded||Ottawa, Ontario (2003)|
|Headquarters||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Mike Sandler, CEO
Leroy Chiao, VP Aerospace
Epiphan Systems Inc. markets, develops, manufactures, and supports a line video capture, streaming and recording products. Among their products are a family of high resolution VGA, DVI, and HDMI frame grabbers (some with custom drivers, some UVC-based) and a series of professional AV streaming/recording systems with included video switching technology. Epiphan Systems made the world's first high resolution frame grabbers capable of transferring images over the USB bus with capture rates over 60 frames per second using precompressor technologies for image capture.
Clients and integrators of Epiphan Systems' technologies include the US Armed Forces, Microsoft, IBM, as well as a slate of other high-profile organizations. Epiphan Systems’ products are also critical in the field of telemedicine, where they are used to relay images from medical equipment over the Internet. Epiphan's video broadcasting devices have also been used by NASA on the International Space Station for ultrasound remote diagnostics purposes.
Epiphan Systems was founded in 2003, the same year that it launched the world's first external USB-based frame grabber, VGA2USB, and the VGA2WEB video conferencing product.
In December 2009, Epiphan Systems announced the release of the VGA2Ethernet, the first Gigabit Ethernet based VGA frame grabber, capable of capture rates of up to 120 frames per second, which makes it the fastest VGA frame grabber available.
In 2012, Deloitte ranked Epiphan the 3rd fastest growing computers/peripherals company in North America in the Deloitte Fast 500 index. It was also ranked 38th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ program in Canada, based on the percentage of revenue growth over five years.
In 2013, Epiphan introduced its first USB 3.0 Frame grabber, the DVI2USB 3.0, which captures video from HDMI, DVI, and VGA sources at 60 frames per second. Functionality to stream directly to Set-top box and Smart TV devices was introduced into Epiphan's appliances via a firmware update.
Furthermore, Epiphan was inducted into the Space Foundation Space Technology Hall of Fame, through its medical subsidiary - Mediphan, where its technology was named a "potentially life-saving innovation".
In 2014, Epiphan introduced SDI support into its product lineup with the release of SDI2USB 3.0 and Epiphan Pearl, a streaming/recording appliance VGA, HDMI, and SDI inputs. Also, support for Epiphan devices was added to Telestream Wirecast and Wowza Streaming Engine.
On June 12, 2015, Epiphan announced the change of its trade name from Epiphan Systems to Epiphan Video with a new company tagline that reads "capture - stream - record" in order to emphasize Epiphan's broad product line.
- "Epiphan Systems". Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "The doctor will see you now — on the space shuttle". Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "Everyday Tech From Space: Medical Diagnosis at a Distance". Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "iXBT: DVI2USB - устройство для захвата DVI и VGA сигнала от Epiphan Systems Inc." (in Russian). Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Feature comparison table for the world’s best VGA and DVI frame grabbers Screen Capture News". Retrieved 2008-09-18.
- "Lights, lap-camera, tele-action! Remote Guidance". Retrieved 2008-09-18.
- "Frame Grabbers Making Remote Monitoring Possible". Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "Image-Capture Devices Extend Medicine's Reach". Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Epiphan Systems named Second Fastest Growing Company in Ottawa". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Frame Grabber works with 32-/64-bit Windows and Linux.". Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES: #5 - Epiphan Systems Inc.". Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Luxoft Helps Epiphan Systems Develop the World’s First Portal for Quick Computer-Aided Design of T-Slotted Aluminum Frames". Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Epiphan Partners with Genetec to Provide Monitors and Control Room Security Display Recording". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Epiphan Systems 3rd Fastest Growing Computers/Peripherals Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2012 Technology Fast 500™". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Epiphan Systems Inc. ranks 38th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Program". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Epiphan Introduces DVI2USB 3.0 – Next Generation, High Performance External Frame Grabber". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "New firmware adds Set-Top Box and Smart TV functionality to VGADVI Broadcaster, Lecture Recorder x2, VGADVI Recorder". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Mediphan - DistanceDoc and MedRecorder". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "From Epiphan, new Pearl appliance captures, streams and records multiple HD sources, including SDI cameras, at once". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Telestream Wirecast Adds Support for Epiphan Devices". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Epiphan Systems Joins Works With Wowza™ Partner Program Providing Reliable Video Streaming Capabilities". Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Epiphan Systems announces new trade name Epiphan Video to align the company and products in the AV marketplace". Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Epiphan Video upgrades Pearl to make it a true video mixer". Epiphan Video. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Epiphan Video on Twitter (Firmware 3.15.3 now available)". Twitter. Retrieved 2015-12-09.