The Episcopal Diocese of South Florida was a diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America, which was created in 1922 out of what had been the Missionary Jurisdiction of Southern Florida, sometimes called the Missionary District of Southern Florida. which had been split off in 1892 from the Episcopal Diocese of Florida. Its northern line was the southern boundaries of the counties of Levy. Alachua, Putnam and St. Johns. and covered the southern two-thirds of the Florida peninsula. Its see city was Orlando, Florida. In 1969, it was divided into three new dioceses as follows: the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida with its see at Orlando, the Episcopal Diocese of Southeast Florida with its see at Miami and the Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, with its see at St. Petersburg.
Missionary Bishops of Southern Florida
Bishops of South Florida
- 1. 1922-1932 Cameron D. Mann, first bishop of South Florida
- 2. 1932-1950 John D. Wing, 2nd Bishop of South Florida
- 3. 1951-1969 Henry I. Louttit. 3rd Bishop of South Florida
- ^ Cushman, Joseph D., Jr., A Goodly Heritage: The Episcopal Church in Florida, 1821-1892 Gainesville: University of Florida Press, 1965, p. 200
- ^ Episcopal Church Annual. 2007, Harrisburg: Morehouse Church Resources