Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana
|Diocese of Western Louisiana|
|Ecclesiastical province||Province VII|
|Cathedral||St. Mark's Cathedral|
|Bishop||The Rt. Rev. Jacob Wayne Owensby|
Location of the Diocese of Western Louisiana
The Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana is the diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America whose territory comprises the western part of the state of Louisiana, including Shreveport.
Organized through division of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana in 1979, it had (as of 2006) 48 parishes, 11,603 active baptized members, and an average Sunday attendance of 4,015. The diocese and its parishes sponsor nine parochial schools and preschools. The diocese is part of Province VII.
There have been four bishops of Western Louisiana:
- Willis R. Henton (1979–1988)
- Robert Jefferson Hargrove, Jr. (1990–2001)
- D. Bruce MacPherson (2002–2012)
- Jacob Wayne Owensby (July 2012–present)
- "Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana: About the Diocese". Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana: Diocesan Staff". Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana: Episcopal Schools in the Diocese". Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Table of Statistics of the Episcopal Church From 2006 Parochial Reports (the "red book")" (PDF). ECUSA Office of Research and Statistics. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Virtue Online : Conservative Bishops Not Leaving The Episcopal Church". Retrieved 2012-11-26.
|This Louisiana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|