Epitaph for James Smith
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- LAMENT him, Mauchline husbands a’,
- He aften did assist ye;
- For had ye staid hale weeks awa,
- Your wives they ne’er had miss’d ye.
- Ye Mauchline bairns, as on ye press,
- To school in bands thegither,
- O tread ye lightly on his grass,—
- Perhaps he was your father!
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
|This poetry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scotland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|