||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Movie and Television Production Company|
|Founded||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Headquarters||220 Bartley Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Linda Schuyler, Chief Operating Officer
Stephen Stohn, President
|Services||Production, distribution, broadcast and licensing of entertainment content for children and families.|
Epitome Pictures Inc. is a television production company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and founded by Linda Schuyler. It is owned by DHX Media and is best known for its work on the Degrassi television franchise.
Epitome produced two television drama series aimed primarily at the youth and the young-adult market (which was the first DHX Media not to be aimed primarily at the children market). The first was Degrassi: The Next Generation, which is broadcast on MTV and Much (previously CTV) in Canada and TeenNick in the United States, and is licensed to over 150 countries around the world. The other was Instant Star, which was similarly broadcast on CTV and TeenNick, and is licensed to over 120 countries worldwide.
Previous incarnations of the Degrassi series including The Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High and the movie-of-the-week School's Out were produced by Playing With Time Inc., a company owned by Linda Schuyler and Kit Hood and founded in 1976 which has been inactive since the mid-1990s when Hood and Schuyler ended their partnership (Epitome owns the rights to these series). In April 2014, the company was acquired by fellow Canadian television producer DHX Media.
- Vlessing, Etan (3 April 2014). "Degrassi Producer Epitome Pictures Bought by DHX Media". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "DHX Media Acquires 'Degrassi' Producer Epitome". www.dhxmedia.com. DHX Media. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Houpt, Simon. "DHX Media Buys Degrassi TV Studio". www.theglobeandmail.com. The Globe and Mail. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Epitome Pictures Inc. at the Internet Movie Database
- Epitome Pictures Inc. archives at the University of Toronto Media Commons
|This article about a TV production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|