From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up epoch in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An Epoch, epoch or EPOCH may refer to:
- Epoch (astronomy), a moment in time used as a reference for the orbital elements of a celestial body
- Epoch (cosmology) or cosmologic epoch, a phase in the development of the universe since the Big Bang
- Epoch (geology) or geologic epoch, a span of time smaller than a period and larger than an age
- Epoch (race), racial periods in Blavatsky's esoteric theory of the root races
- Epoch (reference date), a moment in time chosen as the origin of a particular era
- Unix epoch, the starting time for Unix and Unix based operating systems
Arts and entertainment
- Cross Epoch, a crossover chapter of the Dragon Ball and One Piece manga
- Epoch (DC Comics), a supervillain also known as the Lord of Time
- Epoch (film), a 2001 science fiction TV film directed by Matt Codd
- Epoch (Marvel Comics), a cosmic entity in the Marvel Comics universe
- Epoch, a 2006 album released by the Japanese hip hop group Rip Slyme
- Epoch, a 2016 album by American musician Tycho
- Epoch, a 1975 science fiction anthology edited by Roger Elwood and Robert Silverberg.
- Epoch Co., a Japanese toy and computer games company
- Epoch Game Pocket Computer, an early hand-held game console produced by Epoch Co.
- Epoch (Chrono Trigger), a flying time machine in role-playing game Chrono Trigger
- Epoch Hunter, a boss in Caverns of Time from the game World of Warcraft
- Epoch (magazine), literary magazine of Cornell University
- Epoch (Russian magazine), literary magazine by Fyodor Dostoyevsky and his brother Mikhail
- Ha-Tsefirah (lit. Epoch), a Hebrew language newspaper published in 1862 and 1874–1931
- The Epoch Times, a privately owned Falun Gong-linked newspaper
Science and technology
- EPOCH (chemotherapy), a chemotherapy regimen for some lymphomas comprising etoposide, doxorubicin, vincristine, cyclophosphamide, and prednisone
- EPOCh (Extrasolar Planet Observation and Characterization), a NASA mission associated with EPOXI
- Epoch (programming language), a general purpose programming language.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Epoch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.